Chapter 12

Jason's safe-house, May 30th around 10 am

"I've been waiting for you to call, ask for my help, or simply choose to introduce her to me," Talia sat down on a kitchen stool, reprimanding him.

"I didn't know you knew, I didn't even know you knew where I was-" Jason prepared tea.

"Please," she scoffed, "I know where my assets are at all times."

"Right, you refer to me as an asset and then you wonder why I didn't tell you," Jason rolled his eyes.

"That's not what I meant and you know it," she said seriously, "where's my granddaughter?"

"Sleeping," Jason answered not really surprised that Talia knew. He'll deny it, forever, but he always loved it when Talia indirectly referred to him as her son, "she didn't sleep well last night and every stupid book says I should let her sleep in her room alone, but I'm not doing what the books say."

"I see," Talia smiled, "I've brought some things."

"You didn't have to," Jason gave her the tea.

"None sense," she frowned reaching for a beautifully engraved set of knives, "of course she needs to be at least 18 months old before she can learn to use them."

"She's not going to learn any of this crap-"

"Sweet, sweet boy, I will teach her every art I know, she will be able to defend and attack, if she chooses not to-"

"That's exactly why we didn't want to tell you."

"We?" She cocked an eyebrow and caught Jason's nervous eyes, "explain, now."

"The other day, I was considering hiding out with you, but Damian made a compelling case. We don't want you to do to her what you did to us, to Damian more than to me."

"He hates me still?"

"I wouldn't say hate," Jason said sadly, "not your biggest fan."

"I must say, I haven't exactly been the best mother-"

"You're far better than his dad that's a fact," he added, "to me at least."

"You're just saying that to make me feel better."

"I wanted to tell you and go to Nanda Parbat, ask for your help, hell I even want to tell B, but I know he'll take her from me, you wouldn't," he said with no emotions.

"Hmm," she sipped her tea quietly, "I brought unmarked cash. I know how you operate when you're lying low. I don't want you to be short on anything."

"Thanks," he smiled then turned his attention to his room.

"What is it?" Talia saw his worried expression.

"She's waking up," Jason went to his room.

"I didn't hear anything-" she then heard soft whimpers and followed Jason to his room.

"Hey, hey, dada's here," Jason gently rocked Harper in his arms kissing her cheeks nonstop, which calmed her down a bit.

"Hello little one," Talia said softly.

"Ehh, ehh"

"This is Talia," Jason turned Harper a bit.

"You truly are beautiful," Talia whispered calmly.

"Look," Jason kissed Harper making loud kissing noises.

"Ahh," Harper smiled and pressed herself against Jason's lips.

"Precious," Talia was almost melting, then Harper opened her eyes and Talia melted completely under the baby's spell, "little sapphires."

"Damian called her that," Jason said walking to the living room.