Chapter 26

Gotham Academy, October 2nd

Recess, it's what they called the breaks in schools. Now, it was recess time, when kids run around or sit under the shades. It's when the students are freed from the restraint of the classrooms and roam around the ground as their true selves. It was the right moment to understand what was really happening with a specific student of the mediocre educational institution that was Gotham Academy.

Cruelty is part of the world, cruelty is something a man like Raja is immune to, and cruelty is something a man like Raja has seen and committed. In all his years, he never thought a child could be cruel to another, in his experience cruelty was exchanged between adults or inflicted by an adult upon a child. As much as he wanted to interfere his training taught him to observe, gather evidence and then strike, so he was observing. A group of teens, boys and girls 8 or 10 of them, targeted, crowded, cornered and surrounded one smaller child.

"Are you wearing makeup?" the largest teenager tried shoving the smaller child.

The child dodged and kept walking.

"OMG! He's a faggot too! Gonna join the ISIS drag race next?" another teen mocked loudly.

"I remember clearly where I left my marks on you, fag," the original teenager had grabbed the child by the tie of the uniform and managed to shove him against the wall.

"Imagine what they would do to him in his precious little religion he always defends!"

"Puhlease! We all know he's just as much of a terrorist as his whore mother who left him with daddy without a second thought," the original teen sneered while squeezing his dirty fingers around the child's throat, "how does that feel demonfag? Mommy doesn't love you and daddy didn't want you but needs to keep a clean image so he took you? I bet he makes you suck his dick like his other collectibles before you, isn't that right Wayne?" this got the other 9 to laugh.

If Raja needed more confirmation that the child in question was in fact Damian Al-Ghul Wayne, that last word was it.

"I say you give him a real nice shiner this time, the swelling will be harder to cover," another bully said.

The moment the assailant balled his hand in a fist was the moment Raja and his shadows jumped from the trees and startled the teens. The largest bully still had his hand on Damian's throat and Damian was unmoving, his eyes held no hints about what he was thinking or feeling, cold and distant as always.

"Get your hands off the Prince, now," Raja had his sword on the largest bully's throat in a second.

"Just because his daddy's the richest douchebag in Gotham doesn't make him no prince," the largest bully spat in Raja's covered face.

"Cease them," Raja told his soldiers, who somehow multiplied and each immediately grabbed and zip tied each of the teens that were present, those who spoke and those who remained silent, "this is your last warning, unhand the crown prince of the kingdom of Nanda Parbat or die."

"That's not even a real place!" one of the other teens scoffed.

"What is the meaning of this?" the teachers responsible for this recess came running but stood frozen at the sight of a small army of ninjas protecting Damian Wayne while holding the children of some of the richest and most influential Gothamites.

"Which one of you is in charge of these insolent pubescent urchins?" Raja demanded as he watched the largest bully slowly take his hand off of Damian's neck.

The teachers didn't move or answer, one of them seemed to have a death wish.

"Wayne," the bald headed teacher barked, "explain yourself."