Chapter 11

Tim's nest, May 20th

"Did Roy tell you what he wanted?"

"Nope, just that we need to talk," Dick answered from the fridge, "did you check on Jay today?"

"No, he asked for a day alone with Harper, saying he has to get used to it, I really miss them though," Tim sighed, "Cass is sleeping over again."

"That's good," Dick opened a can of soda, "Roy is all bark no bite okay? So don't worry."

"He has every right to chew our heads off," Tim found Roy's contact, "especially if Jay and him really are a thing."

"For the billionth time, they're not, they're best friends, Roy is with Donna, and Jason has a biological child," Dick rolled his eyes, "just call him."

"You don't call your best friend baby," Tim pointed out as he pressed on dial, and bisexual people exist stupid.

"Sup little birds," Roy answered after the second ring.

"Roy, it's been a minute," Dick nodded his head up.

"Yeah, it has, how's Wally settling in that new place you got him?"

"Good, I was supposed to help him move in but you know shit happened."

"You mean your dad almost killing your brother and all, right?"

"Yeah," Dick nodded again, Roy had a way to take the cold harsh truth and make it colder and harsher.

"Timbowitz! How you been baby bird?"

"I'm okay," Tim hated the nicknames and he wasn't convinced that Jason and Roy weren't together.

"Anyway, I'll get right to it. Jason has made the terrible decision of trusting you all with the most important person in the world, her majesty the queen Harper Isabel Todd herself," Roy's plan is to make them feel like shit, because he didn't get to do that when he was too busy piecing Jason back together all those months ago, he didn't care that Dick was one of his best friends, he didn't care that Jason actually believed his brothers, hell he didn't care that he believed the birds had good intentions this time, he was going to say whatever he needed to say, "I don't believe any one of you, except for Alfred, deserve to be in either of their lives, but unfortunately I don't have a say, yet."

Tim was about to say something but Dick just put his hand on his shoulder shutting him up.

"You heard me right, I said yet, so this is not a simple shovel talk, I'm dead serious, you give him up to the B man? You give up on him? You try to take her from him? And so help me, I will make you regret ever being born," Roy stared them down from the screen, he'd like to think it was pretty intimidating, "you might've wiggled your way into his life and heart again because he's an idiot who wears his heart on his sleeve, but I swear Grayson, you fail him again and I will scatter your bat-remains across the multiverse."

"That's fair," Dick agreed.

"Bruce will never find out," Tim said, "no way in hell; am I ever letting him near Jason again, or Harper, I mean ever."

"Easy," Dick said.

"Now, on a different note," Roy sighed, "since I'm in rehab and will be there for a while, you have got to make sure he gets a chest x-ray and that he's taking his anxiety pills, they'll help with the usual panic attack but he might need different ones if the attacks become more frequent."

"I didn't know he was taking any," Tim frowned, "I've been there every day I haven't seen him taking a single pill."

"Of course not, I'll find a copy of the prescriptions and send it to you."