Chapter 7

Jason's safe-house May 8th

Cassandra didn't sleep much. She was too fascinated by Harper and too worried about Jason to be able to really sleep. Jason pretended to be fine, but it was clear as day that he wasn't. She took the side of the bed pushed next to the wall, she didn't want Jason to feel restrained and she categorically refused to let him sleep on the couch and he refused she slept on the couch as well.

Harper woke up every 2 to 3 hours, either to eat or get her diaper changed or simply to fuss about nothing. Cassandra studied the softness of Jason's movements, the delicate way he'd fasten the diaper then make sure it wasn't too tight. She found it weird that he changed Harper's outfit after every diaper but it seemed to calm him so she didn't ask him why. Harper's clothes were really cute, but a bit basic she made a note to go shopping for more Jason like baby clothes. She loved how he explained to Harper each step of whatever thing he was doing, changing the diaper, or heating a bottle, or fixing the sheets of her mattress. He talked to Harper about everything and nothing, like she was an adult. He taught Cassandra how to burp the tiny baby after feeding and Cassandra never felt prouder in herself and she could see how proud of her Jason was. They decided on the wallpaper for the nursery. One wall will be a landscape of mountains that reminded Jason of Tibet, the other 3 walls will be light gray with white stars all over them.

Jason Todd was born to be a dad.

Cassandra woke up around noon; she was alone in the room. She hasn't slept this long and this well in months. She stretched herself in the bed, she smelled bacon and eggs. Jason was cooking and rumors had it his cooking is legendary! Before getting out of bed she heard someone talk so she stayed put. She hadn't told anyone but Alfred that she was back and she didn't want to deal with her siblings at the moment.

"Shh, keep it down," Jason said.

"Why? Harper's right here. And she's awake," Tim answered annoyed.

Cassandra smiled, Jason wanted to give her the choice of coming out of the room or not.

"Well... she doesn't like loud sounds," Jason must be shaking his head, "and neither to do I."

"I'm not being loud! What is going on with you?"

"Nothing, I just want you to keep it down, it was a long night. I'm tired."

"I told you I can stay over-why do you keep glancing at your room?"

Uh-oh, Tim smarty pants.

"No reason, just eat your food," Jason sounded like the strict parents in those shows Stephanie loves.

"Do you have someone over?" Tim sounded somewhere between worried and jealous.

Cassandra knew Tim had feelings? For Jason but it wasn't her place to say anything especially since Tim never openly said anything about it. She also knew that Tim didn't work the case 3 months ago because of his crush, which is something she really admired. Despite his feelings, Tim worked the case because he saw injustice and abuse. She found it funny though that Tim was jealous of whoever was in Jason's room, especially since it was her.

"What? Of course not, do I look stupid?" Jason used to lie better than that.

"Then you wouldn't mind if I go in to your bedroom," Tim's steps got closer to the door.

"Not at all," the challenge present in Jason's voice made him sound genuine. "Be my guest."

"Fine," Tim's step retreated.

"God, you're acting like that and we're not even married yet," Jason laughed.

Interesting; Cassandra thought.