Chapter 13

Jason's safe-house, May 30th

"Can please hold her?" Dick pouted so hard his lower lip might've ripped, "I've missed her so much."

"Strong pout," Cassandra told Jason.

"Want to go to Dickie?" Jason asked Harper as he handed her to Dick.

"I wuv you wittle pwincess!" Dick started kissing Harper's cheek over and over.

"Haa"

"Baby voice," Cassandra shook her head, she had a lot to say after the revelation and a lot to think about.

"Haa"

"See she likes it, yes wittle pwincess you do!"

"Sit down," Jason sat and Dick sat next to him, "remember what I was telling you the other day about Dickie, he loves short shorts, he thinks his butt looks good."

"I do not!" Dick was almost offended, "I don't pwincess, it's not true!"

"Anyway, I wore the same shorts for some reason, your grandpa is either blind or stupid," Jason told Harper whose eyes were darting between Dick and Jason, "still not clear on that front."

Tim noticed Jason saying grandpa, so did Talia and Cassandra, Dick was too busy defending his butt's honor.

"My butt does look good though," Dick laughed trying to ignore Talia, he then kissed Harper noisily, "I love you."

"Ahh"

"Timothy, a word," Talia went into the nursery.

"What is it?"

"I am not defending the detective," Talia started, "but you need the facts."

"What are you saying Talia?" Tim asked exasperated.

"I am an assassin, I've killed many and I will probably kill some more before my time ends," Talia sat on Jason's chair, "but when I sent Jason with a revenge plan all those years ago, I kept an eye out, watched it unravel, which is why I was able to pull him out of the rubbles. From then on, I've tried to be better to him, seeing all the damage I've caused."

"Get to the point, please."

"He went back for him," Talia sighed, "Bruce was distraught while looking for Jason under the ruins of the building, but I had gotten to Jason first. I'm not saying this excuses the fact that he threw the shuriken, or what happened 4 months ago, or what I did to turn Jason into the man who came after you, but know that Bruce went back for Jason but only found the clown."

"Why haven't you told Jason?"

"You heard him, he wants it to stay in the past, and I doubt Bruce was aiming for Jason's throat, but you can find out, can't you?"

"I can't exactly ask him for cowl footage from 6 years ago, especially since we're all pretending that we don't know where Jason is," Tim tried to control his breathing, his mind was going into override, "I don't trust you."

"I don't expect you to, not now, not ever," Talia gave him a smile, "I would advise against trusting me in all and any matters, except Jason and Harper's safety. Do you think you could give me a chance there?"

"I will try, I can't promise Dick and Damian will though," Tim warned her.

"I wouldn't even dare to dream of it, and I take full responsibility for that. I'm surprised Richard hasn't kicked me out yet," Talia forced a laugh.

"Don't provoke him," Tim glared at her and went back to the living room.

"Yeah, and then he tried to throw me out of the room," Jason told Harper who was still with Dick.