Chapter 8

Tim's nest, May 10th after patrol before sunrise

When Tim planted the virus into the batcomputer he made sure to keep a secure passage into the encrypted files for future references. The investigation into Bruce's behavior wasn't over, Tim was still looking for instances of excessive physical contact with other bats as well as Jason. When they went to Bruce with all the stacks of evidence he tried to dismiss them especially when they asked for the footage of the post Penguin fight saying "if he wants to act like a criminal he will be treated like one." Tim had to admit though, that when they played the footage and audio feed of the helmet Bruce didn't immediately understand what "give me the pedals" meant, but when he did, Tim had never seen him paler. Sure Bruce tried to defend himself, very weak case, no one let him talk, especially Damian. Bruce looked destroyed when Damian was done with him. Tim told him to stop looking for Jason, always stressing on "if Jason's still alive, he doesn't want you around him," but Bruce kept saying, "I need to fix it."

Bruce was trying to be better, it was obvious, but a few months of trying to make up for all the damage he'd caused. The controlling side of him couldn't let go of everything, he had to find Jason, but Tim was going to make sure Bruce doesn't find Jason until Jason is ready to deal with him. Cassandra said something before she left, "he's not a toy you can break then fix when you feel like playing dad," she didn't stick around to listen to anything Bruce had to say which wasn't a lot. The assault on Bruce was hard, no one held back, Damian was the harshest of the kids, but when Alfred spoke Bruce must've realized how badly he screwed up.

Now Tim was in front of his very own version of the batcomputer, adamant on finding footage of Bruce slitting Jason's throat. He wanted to ask Jason straight up, but he couldn't; Alfred said later and Harper was everyone's priority. Tim, ever the detective, pulled every picture on record of Jason since he came back, they weren't many. Jason was always in turtle necks, this is something that never tickled Tim's interest because it was how he knew Jason. Tim remembered a sparring session about a year ago (Jason always sparred shirtless), before Tim got sucked into that weird prison and then came back to defeat his future self. He pulled the footage and zoomed in on Jason, from every angle, for research purpose. There was no scar. Jason legit covered it with makeup or prosthetics or something really good, because there wasn't even a trace of it.

How're they doing? – Tim

Good, both of them – Cassandra

Did you see anything? – Tim

No, he got dressed – Cassandra

"Damn it!"

Skin on skin, 60 minutes daily highly recommended, so we'll find out – Cassandra

"Great!"

What Tim and Cassandra didn't account for is Jason's need to protect his daughter's privacy and his own secrets. When it was time for the skin on skin session he'd go to his room with Harper and close the door. Tim walked in "accidentally" a few times, only to see that Jason was hiding the scar. It was really frustrating. Tim couldn't ask Dick about it, because if he does then Dick would know that Tim had found Jason.

Jason and Harper having the skin on skin bonding session as part of their routine was the cutest thing ever, and it helped both of them a lot. Jason was calmer and more serene than any of them had ever seen him. He even agreed to let Tim take a picture of the sessions for Harper's scrapbook.

The scrapbook was Isabel's idea, in one of the videos she said that she wants to take a picture of the baby every day for at least the first 18 years, so that the baby could see how they grew up. Alfred found it an excellent idea and Jason loved it, so Tim brought back his photography skills and took a daily picture of Harper.