Chapter 24

Jason's safe-house, September 12th

Harper was on her newest mat, it was the most colorful baby gym Duke and Cassandra could find and of course the most expensive as Damian and Talia demanded the best! Neither Duke nor Cassandra cared; they had an unlimited credit card that they weren't afraid to use.

Tim sat cross legged on the floor in front of Harper holding out the OBall with a rattle. Harper was lying on her tummy stretching her arms out to grab the toy and Tim kept it out of reach to encourage the baby to move.

"Ehhh," Harper yelled at Tim.

"Hey, if you want this," Tim shook the ball again, "you gotta come take it!"

"HEY! Don't tease her! She's too small to crawl," Jason scolded Tim.

"She hasn't rolled over yet," Tim reminded Jason.

"Ehh, ahhh," Harper yelled again seemingly agreeing with her dad, listen to him!

"Dude! You Todds are mean," Tim pouted and watched Jason take a seat next to him.

"Pick on someone your own size Drake," Jason shoved Tim playfully and grinned when Harper smiled and turned all her attention to him, "she'll roll over and she'll crawl and she'll walk and she'll talk, when she's ready! Meanwhile, we help the queen without being mean!"

"Ahh," Harper's eyes widened and her smile never left her face, yes! The king is right! My king!

"So, which one do you want?" Jason pulled a few colored velvet balls.

Harper stared at the balls in fascination. Jason handed Harper a dark blue one first, closest color to her eyes, she didn't seem interested and dropped it. Tim tried with the pink one, she brought it to her mouth and Tim smirked at Jason and took his phone out to record her. Jason didn't like where this was going, he tried to grab Harper's attention with yellow ball but Harper barely spared it a glance. Orange had no power, violet lost, brown was just pathetic, green was not even available as an option. Jason glanced back at the last remain color, red. It was the red closest to Roy's Arsenal gear, not Jason's hood or Tim's suit.

"How about this color, do you like this baby?" Jason handed her the red ball and the pink ball was long forgotten.

"Waaah, ehhh," Harper smiled and grabbed the red ball tightly, this!

"I have to say, Roy called it," Jason grinned.

"Yeah, whatever," Tim mumbled and started standing up.

Harper was really happy with her new found toy. She kept putting it in her mouth and then extending her arm as if to show her dad. Her attention caught Tim trying to stand up. She propped herself on her arms again without letting go of the ball.

"Wehhh," she yelled and turned her head to follow Tim's movement.

"Yeah, wehh," Jason repeated and glanced at Tim, "answer her, wehh."

Harper kept trying to find Tim. She pushed on her arms with a little more force than usual which caused her to propel herself up and over from her belly down position to her back. She found herself rolling from her tummy to her back, completely losing Tim out of her visual field.

"OH MY GOD!" Jason exclaimed.

"Wehhh, hahhh," Harper started laughing.

"What happened?" Tim came back, "she rolled over!!"

"On her own," Jason exclaimed again, "look at how happy she is!! See I told you she'd do it!! Yes baby you're so strong!!"

"Ahh, ehhh," Harper yelled out, she kicked her feet and waved her arms in delight trying to reach all the dangled toys, what's this?