21 - Way Down We Go

A/N Sorry for this shitty and sad chapter :)

TW ⚠️- Mentions of r@pe.

~

We stopped in the tent I slept in. Minho pushed me against the wall, so I guessed a spark of anger was still in him. He grabbed both of my arms, squeezing them a bit. I gasped, not in pain, just in pure fright for whatever.. Minho doing something to me? He would never, so I didn't get why I reacted like that, though it was reasonable no one would like the position I was in.

"Jane, I-."

I interrupted Minho. "Don't touch me!" The hurtful words just spat out of my mouth, leaving Minho and I both shocked.

Minho's face twitched, dropping in hurt. Slowly he let go of me and took a step back.

"Sorry." I managed to get out in a peep.

Minho ran a hand through his hair out of stress. "Did he assault you?"

Immediately I got the hint he meant Rye. "What? No. Rye wasn't assaulting me!"

His face broke again. "So you liked it?"

"I didn't like it! Why couldn't you just listen to the whole conversation?" I raised my voice again, not caring if anyone outside heard us.

"I saw enough already!" Minho replied in the same tone as me.

"It was just a mistake, okay?" I fidgeted with my fingers. "So I don't know why you would fight h-."

"Because since the moment I've seen you, he appears shucking everywhere! Finally, after all those days I get to see you again, and then I don't even get the chance to talk to you!" Minho argued, his body tense.

"So? You could've talked with me while he was around!" That was kind of a lie. I would've loved some alone time with Minho to talk, but it also wasn't Rye's fault. "Can't I have some guy friends?"

"I don't think friends kiss, Jane!" Minho threw his hands in the air.

"Then what the hell are we?" I shook my head, Minho's face washing over with hurt again.

"I'm not about us. I'm saying this nasty pervert thinks he owns you after what.. three days? I don't trust him!" The way Minho spoke only sounded angrier by the second, the steam literally coming out of his ears.

"You don't trust anyone!" I yelled back, tears filling my eyes. I didn't want to argue, especially not with Minho.

"Why would I?" Minho's breaths quickened. "Trusting someone is different and way more difficult than letting someone touch you!"

My eyebrows furrowed in disbelief. "What?"

"I can't even help you out of a car, Jane! Yet Rye gets to kiss you and you can sit on his lap?" He balled his fists, not getting ready to punch me, but trying to keep control.

Then he blurted out something I couldn't believe.
"So instead of acting so distant toward literally everyone and moving away from every touch, let them help! I can help! But no, the only thing you do when I try, is freeze, cry, get some crazy dream or whatever the shuck keeps happening to you!"

As Minho kept ranting, the tears streamed down my face, but he was too angry to notice. It hurt so badly what he said, yet he didn't even seem to care, or just didn't realize it.

"Wow, Minho," I mumbled. "Wow."

I couldn't blame it all on him. People say weird things they don't mean when they're angry, but it still hurts.