11 - The Boys ✭

Minho's POV

Where could Jane be you think?" I asked no one in particular. "I mean, obviously she's going to the mountains now, but before that."

"What do you mean 'obviously'?" Thomas responded. "Nothing is obvious here."

"It's obvious that I'm the fastest and strongest." I corrected before I took a pause. "You know, I'm starting to believe y'all don't think it's Jane."

No one replied. They put their heads down, some mumbled a bit and others just kept walking.

"Hello? Earth to the Gladers?" I snapped my fingers. "You guys do think it's Jane, right?"

"I don't know, Minho." Newt sighed. "It could easily be a trap from WICKED."

"And it could easily be Jane waiting for us at the mountains while we're discussing this." I started to get snappy, irritating myself with the boys. "So we better hurry the shuck up before Jane waits there and no one comes!" I stopped talking for a few seconds before adding something. "And that sounded very wrong."

"We don't even know if she's alive, Minho. Newt's right, it could be a trap." Thomas added.

I clenched my jaw in anger before responding. "I don't even shuckin' care if it's a trap! I want to see Jane, so if this is the only shuck chance I have to meet her again, I take it, for god's sake! If I get trapped by WICKED, at least I tried to find Jane."

~

Newt's POV

Minho had a point. A very good point.. and slowly I started to believe in Jane too. Believe the fact she was alive. But I saw her die! I couldn't get false hope. If it turned out Jane did die, I would be so disappointed she wasn't there, so if I would just not believe it, everything would be easier to handle.

It was hard enough already, though I guessed I did a pretty good job hiding how much it broke me Jane died. She made me so much happier, but I wondered if she was the same after Chuck.. if she was just as enthusiastic and happy about everything.

"Do you believe she's alive, Newt?" Minho walked next to me.

I sighed. "I don't know. I hope."

No hope is better than false hope.

"I think she is," Minho stated sternly. "And so should you. She said she loved you."

My head snapped toward the Runner. "What?"

He scratched the back of his head. "When she died, she said 'I love you'."

"She said that to you, Minho." I corrected. No way Jane could love someone like me. Minho was worth much more.

"No." Minho shook his head. "She was in your arms and told you."

"She meant to say it to you."

Then I felt a hand push down my shoulder, and so did one on Minho's.

"You know, guys." Frypan sighed and leaned against our shoulders. "The word 'you', can be plural."

"What?" Confused we turned our heads to Frypan, who grinned a bit.

"I'm just saying that maybe she meant both of you." He raised his eyebrows mysteriously. "Just a guess."

"She meant Newt."

"No, she meant you, shuck face."

"I swear to god- Newt, it was you."

"She was bloody talking to you."