24 - w.c.k.d.

By the time I got back on the surface, Minho also sat with the others again. The fire lit up the place since it was almost completely dark. I smiled and wanted to walk over to them, but then froze right in my place, gasping.

It could've been a hallucination or WICKED doing something, but he was there. Kane was there, walking over the place until his eyes met mine.

My eyes widened, the anxiety rising in my chest. Since I thought it was fake, I stayed still for a few seconds, but when Kane grinned and walked closer to me, I started making a pace.

"Yo, Shebean!" Minho was the old one again, tough and confident.

Almost running, I arrived next to him. "Minho." I breathed. "It's him."

His eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

In a rush, I pointed at Kane, who still followed. "Kane."

"Kane?" Minho almost yelled out, eyes already filling with anger. "Kane from the pub? The Kane that-."

"Yes, Kane!" I panicked, stepping behind Minho's chair.

Minho got up so rough, the chair almost fell. With balled fists and a face red from the anger that was forming in him, he stomped over to Kane, who scoffed at Minho.

Even though Kane must've been older than Minho and was taller, Minho hit him in the face so hard, Kane's head flew to the side and he almost fell onto the ground.

"Hey!" Vince yelled at Minho for randomly punching someone, but he didn't listen and jumped on top of Kane, who was taken aback.

Kane didn't have a chance against the raging Minho, who was punching like crazy.

"Minho!" Newt warned from the side, then turned to me. "Who's this guy?"

"From the pub," I whispered, frightened.

"What?" Newt raised his voice, face tensing before he walked over to the two and started yelling stuff I had never heard him say before. Thousands of curse words came out of his mouth, all toward Kane. (Use your own imagination on what Newt said lol.)

At some point, it got bloody in two ways. The word came out of Newt's mouth and Kane's face was it. (Bad joke, sorry.)

I couldn't even tell if Kane was unconscious or not. Eventually, Jorge interrupted by pulling Minho off Kane. Minho tried to resist, but Jorge was stronger.

"Calm down, Speedy!" Jorge yelled at him.

Minho was still raging, with heavy breaths. "He assaulted Jane!" He blurted out.

Jorge's face darkened and he let go of Minho's shirt. Then the man threw himself on top of Kane, throwing some more punches in his face.

I stared at everything in total shock, finding it horrific what happened. Maybe Kane deserved it, but the sight of his red face and the sound of fists hitting his skin, and maybe even bones cracking, was awful to watch and see, yet I couldn't move away.

"Honey, come on." Someone I didn't recognize in the first few seconds took my arm and gently pulled me away from the fight. Soon I recognized the nickname and realized it was Frypan, who sat me down on a chair, my back facing the horror.

"Vince will stop them," Mary assured from next to Frypan. "Are you alright?"

"Fine." I nodded in a rush, not totally sure if I was fine in any way, though. "Thank you."

Some more screams and curses that belonged to Jorge, Newt, and Minho were the last thing I heard them say before Vince interrupted. He confronted them, Jorge managed to explain calmly who Kane was, then Vince got ready to reply, but fell silent.. just like the whole Safe Haven.

The sound of a helicopter was in the sky, coming closer to us. I looked up and focused on it for a while, then noticed the letters 'w.c.k.d'.

"Oh, god," I muttered, knowing exactly what happened. Teresa betrayed us to WICKED.

"Watch out!" Frypan and Harriet screamed and pushed Minho, Newt, and Jorge out of the way right before a bomb got dropped on the place they stood three seconds ago. My eyes widened when I realized Kane never got pushed away, but deep down it didn't bother me that much.

The fire of the explosion made me shiver and I felt the hotness of the flames its wind making contact with my skin.

"Harriet!" Vince screamed. Harriet grabbed Cyra, who stood by her side, and pulled Cyra with her, toward Vince. Vince yelled some orders for them to grab guns, which Cyra grinned by. She loved using guns.

Then I realized I had to come into action too and not act like the sad, poor victim. So I got off my chair and ran over to Vince while other people screamed and fled.

"Vince! I need knives!" I ordered, trying to talk through all the noises. Multiple WICKED guards dropped out of the helicopter, shooting people. I couldn't see their faces. They were masked, full in black.

Harriet handed me a waistband full of knives, which I put on as fast as I could.

"Rye, I trust you only this once!" Cyra handed her brother a gun as Minho and Newt also joined in.

"Where's Thomas?" Newt yelled. No one knew, so we just kept defending and shooting guards.

One of them came closer and before anyone got the chance to shoot him, I threw my knife in his chest. He fell onto his knees, me gasping a bit, but soon continuing.

"Nice one!" Rye shouted. About ten minutes later more explosions went off, more people got shot, and more guards appeared.

"Vince, there's too many of them!" Newt shouted before hitting a guard right in the torso. And if I had to be honest, that looked hella hot.

"I'm out!" Frypan screamed as Cyra hit some more guards, then yelled the same.

"Oh, shit!" One guard shot a weird sort of bullet at us. It was black, small, like a bomb, but then exploded. Blue flashes came out of it, hitting all of us as if it were lighting. And so it felt.

My mouth fell open in pain and I dropped on my knees, my body giving up. It felt horrible, indescribable, yet very stinging and paralyzing.