27 - Not The End Yet

I had spent the whole night arguing with whoever dared to say we couldn't save Minho. I didn't get a second of sleep and didn't want to. I was desperate to get Minho back. If it would've been any Glader I would want to get them back, but Minho might've been the most important, along with Newt.

My eyes were probably puffed from crying and marks from the tears were on my cheeks. I felt like no one agreed to save Minho, except for Thomas.

"What do we do now?" Rye sighed when most of us that were left behind, walked around the ruined place. I sat on the ground, feeling like I was lost in the darkness, only having half of the light I needed. Newt was still there, luckily, but Minho wasn't and it hurt like hell.

I had also noticed Sonya and Aris were gone, which made me grief even more. Every single person we lost made me feel that way.

"Well, we pick up what's left of us." Vince decided. "We stick to the plan. We get you kids to the safe haven. Then we start over, I guess."

"I'm not going with you," Thomas commented. I looked up in surprise, then agreed.

"Me neither." I decided. "I promised Minho."

"What?" Vince frowned as if he found the idea ridiculous, which might've been the thing.

"I made a promise to Minho too," Thomas added, putting a bag on his shoulder.  "I wouldn't leave him behind. I have to go after him."

"Hey, kids, look around you." Vince motioned at the place. "All right? WICKED just kicked our ass. You think about where you're headed."

"No one has to come with us." I got up from my seat. "But I'm going to save Minho."

"Thomas, Jane, listen." Newt started as he slowly got up too. "I've known Minho for... Well, as long as I can remember. So, if there was any way that we could help him... trust me, I would be up there standing next to you."

"There is a way." I interrupted. "There has to be."

Newt glanced at me before continuing, kind of ignoring my statement. "This, what you're talking about... is impossible."

"More like suicide," Jorge added from our side.

"Maybe." Thomas nodded.  "But I know what I'm supposed to do now."

"Minho's out there and they're doing whatever to him. I won't let that happen." I swallowed, trying to hide the pain in my voice.

"And it's not just about Minho." Thomas started. "It's about all of us. It's about everyone WICKED's ever taken, everyone they will take. They'll never stop. They'll never stop, so I'm gonna stop them."

Thomas took a long pause, looking around the Safe Haven for a while. "I'm gonna kill Ava Paige."

Harriet spoke up. "I have to admit... I'd like some revenge."

Cyra put a hand on her shoulder. "I'm with you, girl."

Vince sighed. "Well, that's a good speech, kid." He admitted, moving his hands a little.
"So, what's your plan?"

Knowing Thomas he probably didn't have one, but he would come with one. A good one. One where we could save Minho with. We had to and we would.

It was just the start of it all.