Chapter - 22

Recap: Goutham and Mithra have an omnious feel of something bad happening.

*******************

Shylaja stood before the address Rehman sent her the previous day. It was a simple home and she scrunched her nose in disgust before pressing the door bell. A minute later Bala opened the door and saw Shylaja standing at the door steps.

Shylaja: Can I meet Mithra ?

Bala: neenga yaru madam ? Mithra yen kekkuringa ? ( Who are you madam and why do you ask for Mithra ?)

Shylaja: So this is Mithra's home. Good, Can I come in and meet her parents ?

Bala: She is my sister and our parents don't stay with us. They are in our native so tell me whatever you have to.

Shylaja entered inside and gave a deadly glare to Bala. 

Shylaja: Nothing I just knew your sister work for my son and she is a talented girl so thought of meeting her.

Bala: I m sorry but you should have reached to the office to meet her instead of coming over here.

Shylaja: I just wanted to know her personally if you don't mind. I really love such young talents and wanted to ask her hand for marriage.

Bala: So kind of you but I m so sorry. My sister is already engaged to her lover and they are getting married this month. She must probably be applying for her leave this week. We are leaving for our native since the marriage is being held there.

Shylaja: Ohh, convey my wishes to her and sure I will let my son to approve her leave immediatley. Hope we get invited for her wedding though I missed such a nice girl.

Bala: She will invite her colleagues for sure.

Shylaja: Fine, I will take my leave. Nice meeting you.

Shylaja got in her car and sighed in relief that it was not Mithra the girl in Goutham's life but again she was frustrated that she couldn't find the girl.

Once Shylaja left from there Bala called up Goutham and informed him all the details. Goutham shook his head in annoyance for the acts of his mother. He let go everything and got ready for the big day of his life.

Mithra got ready in a sky blue saree and started doing her hair standing infront of the mirror. Her hands were trembling in nervousness.

Mithra: God, the day should end with happiness. I m more than excited for the date with Goutham. what if he propose today ? God, bless us with your love and please stop the unknown fear in me. 

She quickly reached the pooja room and made a prayer closing her eyes.

Mithra Mv: Kadavule, Goutham eppavum sandhoshama irukkanum. Innaikku enga rendu perukkum nalladhey nadakkanum. ( God, let goutham be happy forever. Let only the good happen to both of us today. )

Kavitha: Mithra, eppo return varuve ? ( What time will you return ?)

Mithra: Maa, late agum. friends ellarum sendhu veliya pogalam nu plan panni irukkom, eppadiyum nigh agum. ( Mom, I might be late. We friends have planned to go out I would return by night.)

Raghuvaran: Are you going by scooty or cab ?

Mithra: Cab paa, I will pick up Nithya on way and don't worry I will return by cab only. 

She quickly left her home in the cab and picked up Nithya on way. They reached the college and saw the entire campus decorated and there were banners to welcome the old students. 

Nithya: hey what is this ? there is no welcome banner for the chief guest. 

Mithra: May be there is no one coming and someone must have fed you wrong information.