Chapter Fifteen : First day back

Layla's POV

After two weeks the the first day back came sooner than expected,I flew on my own for the first time because farther had to be here early. I flew down to kalego who was alone, waiting for me at the gate. "Hey kalego" I said flying into his arms with him accepting the hug with some people around being shocked. We then walked through the gate hand in hand "I heard that king derkila is going to be our registration teacher now since proffesor Hicalbam left for another school" "really? Wow she must really hate how much the students fight here" I said with kalego agreeing. Once we arrived at the royal one, for me you would think these sorts of buildings would be natural to me by now but every time I see a building like this I can't help but to look in amazement. We walked in to be greated by farther as he realized that the third one isn't here "where is the white haired one?" Farther said out of confusement "isn't he here?" I said confused "no he hasn't arrived yet" he said as we realized that we left shichiro waiting for us "I'll go get him you stay here" kalego said "are you sure?" I said as he nodded as he walks out with me walking into the classroom to see that I'm the first one here so I decided to go to the roof but to my surprise I see Amduscias there looking at the view. I then Approach him, sitting beside him "it looks lovely here doesn't it" I said. Surprised he replied "your majesty i-" "it's fine, I don't mind you up here and your friends with my farther right so please call me lady layla's it sounds better" I said trying to ease his nerves "well, lady layla, what are these friends you speak of?" Amduscias said as I reply "it's like a companion but closer, but not as close as family or partner" "aa I see, I understand" he said as he turned to face the door as I look in the same direction out of curiosity as kalego and shichiro come through the door "kal!' I said standing up and running towards him and hugs him with my arms around his tourso "your back!" I said as shichiro is so confused from what's going on , kalego hugging me back with Amduscias looking at him before speaking "your that kalego guy I was moved beyond words by the other year at the music festivel right" "two years ago now yeah" kalego said looking at him "I remember you hating hugs" Amduscias said as kalego responded "not the hug, the way I feel towards the person hugging me" "and I'm the only one he loves, so he'll only let's me hug him" I said as kalego replied with "it's true" shocking Amduscias and shichiro. "wait really?!?!" Shichiro said as Amduscias says "wait you of all people have a girlfriend? And it's the princess?!?!" "Yes to both of you but we'll be late if we don't go into lesson so let's hurry shall we?" he said as he started walking down the stairs that lead to the corridor that's outside the classroom. I walked closely behind with shichiro following behind me as closely as possible trying not to fall as his feet are not built for these small steps. As we reach the classroom and go in. Once we got in, we took the Quietest seats at the back. Soon the lesson started as he was holding a scroll thing as I realized what it was, I looked to my right telling them "cover your ears, this will be extremely loud" I said covering my ears whilst they blindly followed, yet it wasn't enough to block out all the sound and we flinched out of surprise with everyone else almost falling off their chair and I almost laughed but I held it together. As I listened to what it said "since you all exceeded the expectations with flying colours we are asking that you get to rank yet(9)if not you'll be kicked out of the Royal one" I just sat there in shock not believing what I just heard as almost everyone has the same face of shock. The people that didn't looked shocked was kalego and farther "why are you all surprised this is the Royal one you have to live up to its glory" kalego said as the rest of the class looked at him with hatred "easy for you to say! You only have to rank up once!". "don't forget that its harder to rank up the higher rank you get also if you put the effort in you could have actually been a rank chet(8) like us but you desided to slack of at rank He(5) so don't yell at us because your the slackers" I said in a pit of rage realizing I just motivated them more than they ever had in their entire life "alright everyone! their are revision guides on the front desk if you want to use them and before you start I would like to mention something quickly" farther said "I've assigned tutors for everyone according on your skill levels, and they will be arriving tomorrow to start your training" he continued as shichiro raise his hand "yes?" He questioned as shichiro start asking his question "are the tutors provided to help us prepare for anything?" "I see your an observant one, but yes there will be a test with you and the two younger years but that will be explained tomorrow" he replied and I start remembering the heart breaker test from the manga "we aren't going to be up against teachers are we" I said worriedly as the rest of the class looked baffled at the thought of it "I'm not aloud to say anything about it yet" he said trying not to tell us "your the king you can do what you want" I said really needing an answer as farther starts to speak "well I don't want to, you'll find out tomorrow anyway" he said in a cocky voice as he continued "with that said you can get to revising" he said walking to his chair and sitting down with everyone running to get a revision guide as shichiro gets up I ask "could you get us a revision guide as well" I asked with shichiro agreeing and bringing us all a revision guide as I thanked him with kalego staying silent like per usual.

Once lunch came around we sat on the rooftop like we always do but when I got there today I was the last one to arrive as I noticed that kalego's back was faceing the door so I rap my arms around his neck while leaning over his shoulder shocking him "hey kal" I said while smiling as operas normal look became confused because kalego didn't react except put a hand on my arm. I then went and sat in an empty space as opera starts speaking "how the-? He didn't yell?" As shichiro said "they are dating now, did you not know?" " he does I went to uncle Sully's house a couple days later and I told him when he was there I think he's just surprised that he didn't retaliate" I said as opera nodded his head confirming my statement. The door then opened revealing my farther behind it walking out "Layla could I speak to you out here please" he said as I stand up and walk to the door saying "I'll be back in a minute" as we go into the Hall "I asked the chefs in the canteen(Caviteria) if they saw you and they said that you don't even go there at lunch, so I just wanted to ask if there is something going on that I don't know about" he said with worry engulfing him from the floor to the top of his horn "erm, no I don't think so, the only reason I don't like going to the canteen is because I don't like eating a full meal in school especially in front of who-knows how many people, I was going to ask the chef's at home but I didn't want to give them more to do than what they need to" I said informing him as he said "making you food is what they need to do, and they for some reason like being given more work to do so don't hesitate to ask them alright?" He said trying to stop me from not eating as he continues "I'll go get you some snacks so you at least get something to eat alright" he said before walking off without giving me any time to speak so I shout to him "you don't need to do that you know!" Farther then stopped and turned around at me "yes I do, making sure you eat is my responsibility as your farther so stop complaining and let me do this for you" he yelled back as he starts walking off again. Since I couldn't be bothered doing anything to stop him so I just went back to the others signing as I walked through the door to see all three of them looking at me "so you've not been eating in school?" Kalego questioned as I start to feeling guilty "erm well you see" I said nervously as kalego grabs my hand once I got close enough saying "you could have asked me to get you something you know, I would have done it" "I know but I didn't want to burden you" I said before kalego pulled me onto his lap wrapping his arms around my waist before saying "you could never burden me".i was just sat there with a pink hue crawling in my cheeks before saying "I know, but I just didn't want to make you do anything you didn't need to, so I just didn't say anything" "tell me next time" kalego said looking over my shoulder straightening his book out before going back to reading "Mhm, okay" I said looking at his book reading the page he's on but not understanding what it's on about.

After a while farther came handing me some snacks enough for everyone to have some, so I left it in the middle for everyone to take whenever they pleased. Me, Opera and Shichiro talked whilst kalego read his book up until it was time to go to our last lesson which is spells.

(I think 1774 words is the perfect place to leave off, thanks for reading)