12

"of all the college applications I submitted why do I have to be accepted in the farthest one from here" I groaned.

Kazutora chuckled "fate, I guess?"
I gave him a "are you for real?" Look "since when do you believe in fate?"
"Well there is a start for everything, why are you so mad about that anyway, you are getting accepted to study something you want?"

"You really asking me this? How can we keep our monthly visits if I'm literally five hours away from her?!" Ever since I got my acceptance letter all I thought about is this, I won't be able to see kazu as much, we will only get to meet in holiday when I get home, even sending letters won't be as easy since I'll be far away and it will take more time to send and receive letters.

The boy in front of me looked so shocked "is that... Is that what is actually bothering you?"
"Of course it is! How will I survive without seeing you for a whole semester?!" I said it like it's the most obvious thing in the world, then my eyes widened "I -I mean I've grown used to seeing you often that it will just feel weird not to be able to do so" I looked away in embarrassment, I should really watch what I'm saying ... I don't want him having the wrong idea.

It's funny how I have known kazu for years now yet it now occurred to me that I'm actually talking to a guy and an attractive one too, a guy who I can't stop thinking about but he doesn't have to know this.

The said guy smiled "well we can always keep exchanging letters, y/n, and when you come home in holidays we can meet"

"Yea but it will take more time to send letters now since I will be far away, oh why don't I just have a break for a year and re-apply next year? Maybe I can get into a college closer to home that way" I said.

He raised an eyebrow at me "who the fuck are you and what did you do to my smart y/n?"
"What? It's a good idea"
"No it's not! Why would you waste a whole year of your life because of something like that" he sighed "y/n, I already ruined my life enough and I will NOT let you ruin yours because of me!"
"You are exaggerating, it's just a year"
"Y/n, you will not do that, I refuse that you do that"

I signed and mumbled "fine I'll go to Kyoto university".
He smiled "great! That's the smart y/n I know, when are you starting?"
"In September so after two months, I have to finish some paperwork before that tho"
"I know you will do perfectly in college, make sure to send me letters as much as you can, hey... Did you say Kyoto university? I actually know someone who study fashion there... I can tell him to give you a tour or something".

I perked up at that "can you really do that?" I think it will help a bit to know someone in a new place.
"Yea, I'll try to find a way to contact him, I think you saw him before on one of your visits".

I thought for a while and then remembered in one of my visits I met two of kazu's friends we didn't talk for much tho since they had to leave I didn't get to see them again "oh is it the tall guy with that dragon tattoo? He doesn't seem like a person who would be interested in studying fashion tho" I realized how rude that may sound "n-no judgement tho! He can study anything he likes!"

Kazu chuckled "no not that one that's  draken and yea he isn't interested in fashion, I meant the other one who had split eyebrows and silver hair"
I tried to remember the other person and I finally did "oh yea I remember him, his name was mitsu.... something?" I felt embarrassed not remembering their names but in my defense I met them more than a year ago and it was only for five minutes.

"His name is mitsuya and yes that's the one I talking about"
I nodded "oh okay, are you sure it's okay to ask him for such a favor tho? I don't want to be a burden to anyone"
"Well, he has the right to refuse, but knowing him I don't think he would mind, he has always been a helpful guy".

"The visit time is finished!" Announced the officer.

Kazu stood up "I'll let you know, if he agrees, see you later y/n" he then turned around.

"Thank you! ....Kazu" I said watching him getting escorted to his cell.

.............................................

Later in the middle of August:

I received a letter from kazu, it will probably be the last one I'll receive before leaving to Kyoto, I quickly opened it and started reading.

Dearest y/n,

I wasn't sure if you will be able to visit before leaving to Kyoto so I didn't want to risk, so here are a few things I wanted to tell you before you leave.

First, I'm so proud of you y/n, I knew you worked hard in school and I know you will keep on working hard and I feel really proud that I know you and that you are my friend.

Second, I know college can be stressful and it's a whole new world for you to explore, but remember to take care of yourself don't skip meals and make sure to sleep a good amount everyday, your health and will being is much more important than grades and projects.

Third, it's a little request.... Can you .. not forget about me? I know I acted like I didn't care that you are moving far from here but in reality I'm terrified, that you might forget about me while experiencing everything new in college, you are and always will be my little ray of sunshine that I would never ever want to lose.

And lastly, mitsuya contacted me through draken and he said that he is happy to help you in college and give you a tour, I left you his number so you can contact him once you reach Kyoto.

P.S. you will also find a little gift in the envelope, it's not much but I hope you like it.

Love,
Kazu.

I quickly took out the gift from the envelope, it was a small heart shaped necklace, I smiled and put it on while looking in the mirror.

"I'll never forget about you, Kazu".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.n: guess kazutora will have some competition soon hehe~

Hope you guys have great day/ night love you all! ❤️