Chapter 31

Autumn had come upon us, and a wonderful landscape was created outside. The leaves were golden, the sky had shades of gold and dark pink, and in the forest behind the building there was a golden carpet with green shades, due to the leaves not completely drying.

  Unfortunately, we could only enjoy this landscape from the inside, looking out the window.

  During those days when I was confined there, I had taken up a new hobby, if I may call it that: I had set up an armchair by a window in the great hall, where I would sit with a glass of red wine in my hand and make up all sorts of stories to myself in mind.

  This was very relaxing for me. I was still talking to Caleb, we were telling each other things from our childhood, we were talking about absolutely everything.

  In this way I felt him close to me, even though it was physically impossible.

  On an ordinary morning like any other, I woke up, took a quick shower and went down to the great hall where we had all gathered for breakfast.

  I savored my omelet, took a sip of my hot coffee, and was anxious to get back to my room where I could talk to Caleb in peace.

   I got into bed, thought about him and sent him a “Good morning!” but got no response. I thought he was sleeping, but I couldn't even feel him anymore.

  "That’s strange!" I thought, then decided to leave him alone, waiting for his answer.

  By then I tidied up my room a bit, rearranged my clothes in the closet and found his jacket.

  Suddenly, a feeling of fear came over me, but it didn't last long.

  I thought about trying to contact him one more time, two hours had already passed since then, so I asked him: "Hey, are you there?".

  This time I also did not receive any response. I was starting to panic, all kinds of dark thoughts were going through my mind.

  I couldn't find any reason why I couldn't communicate with him, I couldn't even feel him.

  I immediately got the idea to go to my favorite witch, Karina. She surely had to know what was going on.

  I didn't even knock on the door of her room, I went straight in. She was on the floor, meditating, with many books floating around her.

  When I suddenly opened the door, they fell and Karina flinched. Seeing the despair on my face, she stood up and showed me a chair to sit on, asking: "What happened?".

  - I don't know, that's exactly why I came to you, I answered, scared to death. Do you know the potion you gave me? Well, you know I used it, I communicated with him, I could actually feel his feelings. But, since this morning I can't contact him, I can't feel him anymore, I don't know what's going on.

  -Are you saying you can't even feel him anymore?

  -No, nothing. What am I doing now?

  -The first thing you have to do is calm down. I think the potion was canceled somehow, but I don't know how.

  -How? Can’t you find anything in your books about it?

  - No, absolutely nothing. Please keep calm. In a week there will be a full moon, and then my powers will increase. We can cast a spell then to find him. But I need you and I need you to be calm.

  -Why do you need me?

  - Well, there are two reasons: the first reason is that I need a reason to look for him, especially in the kingdom of hell, and the second reason is that you are his soulmate and we will have a better chance to find him.

  -Wait, you're not 100% sure we'll find him?

  -I can't promise you anything, there are stronger forces in this world, but be sure that I will do my best.

  I left there and went straight to Caty's room. I told her everything, even the conversation I had with Karina. And she told me the same thing: to calm down, and wait. However, a week seemed way too long.

  Fortunately, I didn't have to wait that long because a few days later I heard strange noises from the forest behind the building.

  We were not used to hearing noises around as it was a deserted area so out of curiosity I went to look out the window, thinking it was people who had come to cut wood for the winter.

  When I looked out the window I had a strong shock. At that moment I started screaming from the top of my lungs: "Karina! Karina! Come quick!"

  Hearing the desperation in my voice, she teleported right next to me.

  - Look who is here! I continued, screaming. Teleport them here, quick!

  Karina was speechless when she looked out the window and was lost, she didn't know what to do.

  I yelled again, "Quick!" and in a second she appeared beside them, then all three beside me.

  When I saw Caleb next to me, I jumped right into his arms.

  Unfortunately, he wasn't too happy to see me. I looked at him in shock, speechless. Why was he so cold to me? Why was he looking at me with indifference?

  Suddenly, I turned my gaze to the woman beside him. She was a gorgeous woman! She had green eyes, curly red hair, and her curves were perfect.

  She had a red latex dress on with black vertical stripes down the sides that made her waist look slimmer. I gave her a nervous look:

  -What did you do to him? What happened to him? Who are you?
While I was saying all these questions I was beginning to transform, but I didn't realize it.

  - Eva? My dear, is that you?

  She had the sweetest voice in the world, and when she spoke to me she totally confused me.

  -Who are you? How do you know me?

  - I'm Melina, you must have heard of me.

  -What the ... ? Melina? How...