Chapter 15

Our tender moment ended around lunchtime when Caty woke us up.

  She didn't expect to see us both in the same bed, and when she did, she looked away, apologized and told us that we had a mission to complete and a short amount of time.

  I think she was more impatient to find out what had happened. That's because, right after Caleb left, she came back into my room, she smiled wide, sat on the bed and stared at me, waiting for me to open the discution.

  -I know you're impatient, but would you mind letting me get dressed first? And maybe tidy up a little around here.

  - Yes, sorry, you're right. I'll go get you some coffee while you get ready.

  -Will you take these glasses too, please?

  -Sure, I'll be right back.

  She gave me a break of about 30 minutes, during which she talked with Caleb.

  I took a quick shower, got dressed, and tidied up the room a bit.

  Caleb had left his jacket on the back of a chair. I picked it up to give it to him back, but his perfume that was printed in the jacket hit me hard and the moments of last night came to my mind again.

  I didn't want to return it, so I put it on myself. Meanwhile, Caty had come back:

  -Sorry for keeping you waiting, I stopped by Caleb's office and he told me that we have to go on a mission today, now that everything is settled. What did you do to him? He seemed much happier, calmer, as if he is no longer the Caleb I know.

  - I didn't do anything to him. We had a little champagne last night and talked, that's all.

  -Only that? I don't believe you. This morning you had no clothes on, tell me more!

  -If you want spicy details, you won't get them.

  -Hey, why? I told you everything, every time. Now it's your turn!

  I gave in to her insistence and told her everything. Including the spicy details she wanted, but I was a little embarrassed to tell them.

  -I can not believe it! After all this time you both struggled and suffered, now you are finally together! Caty said, visibly excited.

  -He told me that you knew that he was in love with me and that we were soul mates.

  - Yes, I knew, but I couldn't tell you. He asked me not to say anything and you know I'm a person of my word. Hey, is that his jacket?

  -Yes. He left it here and I don't really want to give it back. I want it to be my comfort when he's not around.

  -What are you talking about? We all live in the same building now, you'll see him everyday.

  - That's right, I don't know where this thought came from. Let's go get ready for the mission.

  I took off my jacket, more afraid that Caleb would see it and ask for it back, and went into his office with Caty.

  Karina was already there, with her well-known spellbook, in which she searched for a teleportation spell.

  She could teleport, but only to places she had been before, and now she was looking for a spell to teleport anywhere in the world.

  When I walked in the door, Caleb was avoiding me. Again he avoided my eyes and did everything else to avoid looking at me.

  I was beginning to understand, somehow, why he was behaving this way.