Chapter 18

After this discussion we went ahead with our mission. I asked Karina to teleport us to the volcano.

  I told to myself that the hardest part is over. We had one more sapphire to find, then victory was ours.

  Italy, what a beautiful country to visit! Too bad we didn't have time for that and couldn't enjoy the amazing view of that wonderful country.

  We went exactly to the place indicated by the basilisk without wasting time.

  When we got there, I was surprised to hear Caty asking how we were going to get the sapphire from the volcano.

  I mean, we had a huge, fireproof dragon next to us, but then I remembered that no one knew about Caleb's powers, even though when we were attacked, they all saw him transform.
  It seems they had all forgotten. I don't know how it happened but apparently the memory of him transforming was completely erased from everyone's minds, and Caleb was unaffected by it.

  I think he wasn't actually proud of who he was, and I think he kind of made everyone forget that.

  -I'll go get it, said Caleb.

  -But how? Karina asked. You will melt!

  -You don't know what my power is, do you?

  -No, you didn't talk about it and you never showed us.

  -What happens here, stays here, right? I'm counting on you not to tell anyone.

  He then transformed into the famous red dragon and I caught the two girls gaping.

  "I don't know why he wants to hide it," Caty said. „It's so amazing! But we will respect his decision, if that is what he wants.”

  Satisfied with her answer, Caleb flew to the top of the giant volcano and didn't come out for an hour.

   At one point I was worried, he wasn't showing any signs of being okay, but Caty comforted me by telling me that everything was going to be okay, even though I could read the worry on her face as well.

  When I saw him coming out of the volcano I breathed a sigh of relief.

  It's amazing what love can do to people! It's amazing how you start to care more about your loved one than yourself.

  It's like you no longer live your own life, but live through the one you love. This feeling can make you change your mood from moment to moment.

  When you don't see them, everything around you falls apart, and a moment later, when they appear out of nowhere, you feel like you can reach the impossible, that you can reach for the stars.

  I was thinking about all these amazing things love can do as I watched him fly out of the crater towards us.

  When he came down, I caught myself with a naive smile on my face, then realized I looked ridiculous to the others and stopped.

  Caleb handed the sapphire to Karina. We all decided not to give it back to the creature until we got to hell, where it had no more power over us.

  That mission lasted all day, so we returned to the Brotherhood again to rest.

  Before that, Karina summoned another demon from Earth, bigger and stronger, and forced him to take care of the basilisk without saying a word.

  There was only one step left: to make the exchange with the demons in hell. I had no idea it was going to be the darkest day of my life.

  Arriving in my room, I undressed, got into bed, and in a few minutes, Caleb also appeared.

  He sat down next to me in bed, put his head on my chest and stayed like that for a few moments.