Another group of shifters

I just had to get away. We had different battle plans for everyone. Turns out Chris is enjoying himself now that the others are here.

Learning how to kill shifters really brought out the fighter in him. I decided to go for a run, my wolf way getting impatient and really needed out. D, Chris and dad were talking to the leaders of each group. My paws thudded softly on yhe ground as i thought back on everything. We had ariel attacks covered, ground level covered. Damn we even had underground covered, how many battle plans are there?.

I was approching the edge of our territory when i decided to rest, i had been running for over an hour.

My mind was still back at the pack house wondering what was going on. Who would we loose, how many? We couldn't ignore the fact that a war was coming now.

'We could win' My wolf spoke confidently, yeah always the optomistic 'Well one of us has to be' He snorted. I just lay down and listened to the world around me.

I must have fallen asleep cause my wolf woke me up 'Feel that?' He asked. I looked round trying to figure out why my fur was on end. A rustling noise had me running towards it, not noticing i had ran of my own land. I came to a cave and just noticed a black figure with a human run inside, i shifted and quickly pulled on the slacks i had brought with me. I was approaching the cave when two other wolve,s that i didn't recognise appeared infront of me. "Wait, i mean no harm" I said putting up my hands when they started growling at me. The larger, dark brown one shifted, he was easily over six foot with short dark brown hair and brown eyes. I could tell they were rogues by their scent. "Who are you?" He demanded. "My names Justin. i was out running when i saw someone enter here" I thumbed at the cave. "Our son" A feminine voice spoke i turned to see a woman, about the same height as me, but looked similar to the male. "The shifter took our son"

"Why?" I asked, they just shook their heads. "We don't know, one minute we're fighting it the next he's unconcious and it takes him" "Did it say anything?" There had to be a reason "Only, he belongs with me" Understanding dawned on me. "Urgh, just one day" I whinned "Look it won't hurt him" I told them "Give me a minute with them and i'll get him for you" The man frowned at me "And what can you do?" He asked obviously thinking that i was to weak. "Trust me this isn't the first time" I told him before walking into the cave. Thankfully it wasn't much and i pratically saw them as soon as i entered. The boy as i could see him now was lay on the ground, the shifter, a woman, knelt over him. Looking at him as if he was a problem to solve. "So how is he?" I asked. The shifter spun round and hissed at me, i refused to show fear to a low rank. "Oh can it, i'm not here to take him away from you" I told her taking a step closer. She positioned herself between him and me, but i could still see him. "Looks like his got a nasty gash there." I continued, sitting on the ground. "He'll need help" The shifter looked between me and the boy. "Your Amare?" I asked. The shifter looked at me shock written all over her face. "It can't be" Her voice quiet yet clear. "It can" I told her "I have an Amare" "How?" She demanded. I just shrugged "No idea, but hey times are changing" The shifter looked at the boy again "I am a traitor?" She spoke to herself. "No" i told her. She spun to me "I betrayed the High Lord, i am a traitor" Ok to far "Which one?" I demanded "Take your pick shifter, there are two High Lords. Your choice, the one you serve now who will gladly kill youre Amare. Or the one who will let youb both live?" The shifter moved slightly in a protective manner over the boy saying nothing. "Ok fine, so why are you here?" I tried. "As if i would tell you" She sneered. Urgh if i didn't hurry the boy would die. "Fine" I snapped standing up, i could feel myself shifting until i was both human and wolf. "As your High Lord, why are you here?" I demanded this time hoping it would work. It must have as she dropped to her knees. "There has been a shift of power, The High Lord believes his son has started to lead. I am to find him and either report back or take him with me" I managed to stop the growl that wanted to escape me. How dare they do this to him. "What are you?" She asked, fear evident in her voice. "I will have to explain later. I want you to give me a minute then bring him with you. If he doesn't get help soon you will loose him" The shifter nodde and i returned to normal. I left her there and went back to the two outside. They both looked up at me and saw i was alone. "Well?" the father demanded angrily and i sighed. "You might find this dificult to believe but trust me i only speak the truth" I told them. "The shifter was confussed that is why she took him. She will bring him out in a moment and we will have to get him some help." I took a deep breath. "Lately weres have been finding their mates amongst shifters" They both began interupting. "Don't lie to me" The man roared. "Shifters and weres do not mate" I gave him a glare. "My mate is a shifterf" I told them. Their eyes boggled. "She is his mate. She couldn't understand why she felt for him, that's why she took him. At our pack there are other mated shifters. Maybe they can help you all understand" The male looked furious, but the woman put her hand on his arm calming him down. "As they are mates there is nothing we can do" She told him before turning to me. "We don't like it" She simply stated "But we would never hurt our son by denying him his mate. We cannot trust your shifters but for his sake we will try to learn" I nodded my agreement. "Before we go i must point out a few things to you, to save time and arguments. Shifters are not like us when it comes to mates, they are not possesive or jealous. They act like any human couple. But if their mate is a were then they will become exaclty like us only worse because they do not understand what is happening. I an guessing that when she comes out she will not let go of your son" They didn't like that.."But i can assure you that she will let you look at him. That is the best i can garantee for now. When we get back to my pack, he will be all yours" I could see they didn't like this one bit, but agreed anyway.

We turned to the cave as we heard the shifter come out. "It's ok they won't hurt you" I promised. "But let them approach you so that they can see their son. Wolves are very protective of their children. They just want to put their minds at ease" The shifter nodded and stepped forward. The parent walked up carefully and looked at him. "Will we make it back in time?" The mother asked worriedly. I nodded i have already asked to be met on the way. The doctor will be with them"  We decided to walk in human form so that we could talk. I told them everything about shifters and weres. Both parties took it well. Until i told them about D. "But you're an Alpha" The wolves said at the same time the shifter said "But you're male" I just shrugged "I said times were changing, The most powerful shifter with the most powerful pack. I was always weak, never strong enough to be an Alpha. I guess i was born in the wrong skin" They all looked at me like i was crazy. "Hey trust me i've had time to get over it"

We were now walking onto my land and the wolves shivered. It's like walking over a lowly charged electric fence, it tells you when you are on pack land. "Hopefully they shouldn't be long finding us" I told them "We're sticking to the path i came in so all they have to do is follow my scent" this seemed to reassure them, but the wolves quockly tensed when we heard the familiar cry of shifters. "Or they could do it that way" I mumbled to myself. D,Mark and four other lords landed infront of us. D had his arms wrapped around mum who looked abit shaken. He gently put her on her feet and she made her way over to us. "How bad is he?" She asked her voice abit shaken. I turned to the shifter. "You need to put him down so she can help him" She just tightened her arms. "She has her own, she will not take him away from you" She frowned and placed him down. "Now step away" i told her "I know you are confussed at the moment, but trust in me" The shifter nodded and stepped back, her eyes never leaving him. Now that i could see him properly i could see that he was a good looking boy, around fifteen. He looked more like his mother. My mum went up and checked him over. "His wolfs healing well" She told us "But that gash on his head needs cleaning, i'm going to have to cut it open again before he can heal properly. If not he'll get infected" I nodded then felt arms around me and leaned back as i felt the familiar tingles run through me. "It's a good job we came with you then" D spoke. Mum turned round "Yeah, but pity we have to go back the same way" D laughed it wasn't so bad" He turned to the wolves and shifter. "We are going to take you all back it will be quicker than running" He told them. "Do not be afraid, we will not harm you, just hold on to one of us" The wolves looked t me "It's ok i promise" They nodded and stood still Mark grabbed mum and D held me the one gently picked up the boy earning a hiss from the shifter. "If you have wings then be my guest" He said holding him out. The shifter lowered her head, knowing her place. the other lords held the others and took of.

No wonder mum was a mess, this was the most terrifying thing i have ever done. Wolves were not ment to fly. I clung onto D tightly, closeing my eyes and hear D chuckle.

When we finally arrived at the pack house i just wanted to kiss the ground. "Never again" I grumbled. D chuckled behind me. "It wasn't that bad" His voice smother again telling me he had shifted back. "You're right it was terrifyingly awful" I turned to him. He only smirked at me earning a growl from me before i spun round to follow the others.

We entered the hospital room and lay the boy down. Mum went straight to work. "So i'm Justin" I reintoduced myself again. "Elizabeth" The woman said "Terrance and our son is Steven" I turned to the woman "Ezac" I smiled. "Ezac do you have a human form?" I asked she nodded and began to change. I couldn't help it, i burst out laughing. "What is wrong?" Her voice rang through. Oh thank god for that. I wiped my eyes. "I'm sorry" I gasped "It's just that if your voice was different and your eyes were blue and not grey i would easily think you were a friend of mine" Infact she looked exactly like Ali.

Her mouth formed an 'O' shape. "I'm sorry, i shouldn't have laughed. I heard someone clear their throat behind me and knew instantly it was D. Ezac turned to face him, then kneeling on the floor head raised she spoke. "I pledge my body and life to you High Lord, My loyalty and servitude to do with as you wish" D nodded and she stood up. "May i speak freely?" She asked "You do not need to ask here. We are all equals in this place. I am no better than you and you are no longer lower than me" He told her.  Her eyes flickered to me. "It's a were thing" I told her. She bit her lip for a moment. "I was sent to find you" She told him "I was to bring you back or report to your father after he felt the shift in power. Instead i found my Amare first. "She quickly glanced at Steven. "but i was not alone, i was out hunting when i came across the others here. There is a group of seven still out there one of them a lord" D nodded "Thank you for the information.

We left them there with my mum and made our way upstairs. "You know Justin, how is it everytime you go out alone you always seem to find shifters?" He asked. I just smiled and shrugged "Just lucky i guess" Causing him to laugh. "Come on" He said grabbing my hand. "Lets go tell the troops"