Explaination

Dad indicated for us to sit down, we all sat by our mates.

"Firstly, Mark is not my brother he is my cousin. The girls are only my warriors or gaurds as you call them. We above all others have to dissapear from our kind." D started telling us. "The girls are our best warriors and were assigned to me at one seasons old" I interupted "Do all lords have three gaurds. Mark scoffed "Lords only need one" He told us. I frowned at this "But.." D placed his finger on my lips.

"Our lives are are different in ways to yours, you grow in months and year where we grow in season and seasons. All five of us were born the same season. But we are also like you, we have our anarchy. The lower ranks, thin and weak, Warriors muscular and powerful, Lords same as the warriors but with wings. The bigger your wings the more powerful you are. Then there is the high lord, the biggest, strongest most powerful shifter, rivaled only by his son." D stopped there and pulled me onto his lap and buried his head into my shoulder, taking a deap breath. "The high lord is responsible for providing us all. You see when we bear children we can have from two to four at a time, sometimes we need more room, more land. That is when we have fought weres, for land nothing more. Our current high lord is different" D took a deep breath. His Amare was a low rank female, they olny had one litter of children but something went wrong and only one child survived. They both loved their only son very much and were good parents. But when the child was only three seasons old the mother was killed. She had come across a group of your rogues, being a low rank she wasn't strong enough" A tear escaped him and my wolf howled at his pain, i grabbed his hand to comfort him. D looked at me and gave me a sad smile. "The high lord went mad, no longer was he the happy, loving father. He became the cruelest, most vicious creature alive. All shifters know of your hatred of us because of our vicious fighting and the death of every were in a pack including children. But i can tell you something far worse than that" D stopped there unable to talk. He looked towards the others.

Carmel stood up "My lord" She spoke to him and he simply nodded at her. Carmel stood in the centre of the room. "Imagine this" She began "Your pack is attacked by shifters, most of you die and we have won. Your Alpha and Luna kept alive. You are all slaves treated horrificaly. You work all day and night afraid for yourselves and each other. Your Luna in a cage over your heads, only alive to show you there is no hope. Your Alpha does not live long, your rogues are kept as pets to entertain us. They are the reason your Alpha lives. When the Lords are bored they gamble. The game is how long can an Alpha fight against rogues. This is their purpose." Gasps were heard around the room and murmurs started buzzing Carmel simply held up her hands. "The high Lord fights for power now. This is where the rebellion steps in" My dad stood up shaking, i could feel the anger radiating of him in powerful waves that i shrank back into D. "I think you had better get to the point soon" He said between gritted teeth. Carmel nodded and looked at D. D sighed and lifted him of me, sitting me down and i whined a little. He stood up and continued his story.

"You heard that we were three seasons old, an impressionable age. We met some of the younger weres as being children we knew no different. And our position gave us free reign. We saw nothing wrong with what was happening but also we made friends. One i made was the leaders son of bears, we became friends and i was given him as a pet" D spat the last word out. "With the others we spent alot of time together, though he hardly told me how weres lives worked he would tell me about his life before that. We could all understand why they hated the life they had now. Others began to see the were children no one saw the harm. We were children, we didn't know any better. That was their thinking. But when i was fifteen seasons there was whisperings amongst my age, why were we doing this. What had the weres done to deserve it. Being in my position i never questioned the High Lord. Until that one day." D again took a deep shakey breath and i could feel the sadness in him.