Battle plans

We had sorted the shifters into groups. We had found eight lords, nearly seventy warriors and fifty three low ranks. We also found another pet, much to the delight of Luthen. And Lily was ok because the pet was male. Me i was stunned. I knew that we had different types of weres but not how many. The cats were made up of lions, tigers, leopards, jaguars and cougars. There was golden eagles, hawks, bears both brown and black. We had a snake shifter, who told us she was an anaconda, her ancestors were originally from the congo. Huh who knew?

Her mate was the low rank that spoke up earlier and he was now watching her as she fought. She had spoken to one of the Lords asking him to, her reasoning was that she wasn't to good at fighting but would love to know what rank she could fight against. Though she could defeat low rank you would have thought she would try a warrior next but according to her mate she was stubborn. She loved to push herself.

We watched as they fought heartily, she seemed even matched for the Lord, we watched as they got further away from the house. For a snake so large she could certainly move. We came across the lake that was just on the edge of our lands. The Lord saw an opportunity and spread his wings, soon he was in the air looking down at a very pissed snake. "Now what?" He taunted, the snake lay flat and slithered into the lake. "Anacondas spend most their lives in water" Her mate explained then lent into me. "Now don't take your eyes of the Lord" I could hear the smile in his voice. I watched as he spun round looking for her in the water. Suddenly water flew from the lake and before i realised the Lord was gone.

I ran to the lake and looked around, i couldn't see anything except for large ripples coming from the water. My ears picked up a chocking noise and i spun my head to find the Lord draped over the snakes body. She had it arched slightly so that he could breath and was making her way over to us.

She came onto land and gently rolled him off before shifting. The Lord gathered his breath and looked up at her shifting to his own human. "Now that was something else" He laughed. He was a well built man with long dark brown hair and grey eyes. Why do all shifters have long hair?

"Thank you" She replied smiling back "But next time remember the most dangerous place when fighting me is around water. Anacondas thrive better there than on land" The Lord laughed.

"Show me again?" Another voice spoke, we turned to see D.

She raised her eyebrow. "I wish to see how you do against someone who knows what will happen" He shrugged. We heard the others arrive "What's going on?" Luthen asked.

D never took his eyes of the girl who was looking at the others. "Tell me Lord Devilyn, between you and the others how many do you think you can trick to the lake in one go?" D looked at her then the lake and laughed. "What are you talking about?" I asked. D turned to me "She wants to try something" He simply stated. He turned to the Lords and Luthen. "The snake wants to test herself, all of us against her" He told them. "Her choice of battlefield is the lake" The Lords laughed as did Luthen.

"So you all accept?" She asked They nodded thinking that it would be easy. "No thanks" Said the Lord she had already fought. "I have an unfair advantage"  "so does your High Lord, that only makes it interesting for me?" She smiled before jumping into the lake. D turned to the others "Our mission is to get her onto the land" He told them "Now shift and find her" I sat down on the ground with her mate who seemed nervous. "Hey their not going to hurt her" I told him. He only nodded "Yet something in me wants to hurt them for fighting her" He told me. "I don't understand it" I patted him on the shoulder and began to explain what i knew so far. "It seems as if you have the trait of all male weres. We get possessive, jealous and protective way to easily. Trust me you'll learn to live with it" I told him. He only nodded "By the way i am Envila and my Amare is Ania" he said before we continued to watch the others.

It must have been over an hour and she still hadn't come up. The others had taken to the skies to try and find her.

Suddenly the water burst again and again nothing was in the skies ecxept for the Lord she had fought last time. Envila smiled before shifting to his own version of an anaconda and he swam towards the others. I soon realised that he was helping her get the others out of the water. "I think they forgot" The lord said to me as he landed shifting again. I looked up at him confused. "I went out there with no intention of drowning again. The others were to busy trying to find her and i think Lord Devilyn got a bit lax"

"That is exactly what happened" Ds voice came from behind him. The Lord turned round "I'm sorry i did not mean to disrespect you" D growled. "You only spoke the truth" He told him "I am not my father. To me you have as much right as i do. To me we are all equals" The Lords gasped "Even the Low ranks have a part to play in this war"

"My lord forgive me but what can they do?" He asked not out of disrespect but out of curiosity. "They will stay with those who cannot fight. We will teach them all so that they can protect themselves. But the Low ranks will help them" The Lord nodded. "I see what you mean. We heard the others approaching. "So?" Ania asked. D smiled "You have a good brain" He told her. And turned to us all. "She has come up with the idea of driving some of them to the lake" He told us "This is another idea for the Low ranks. She will teach them how to use the water" I turned to Ania. "What is some stay on land?" I asked "That is why i need others. We will attack both sky and land together. It is a once only idea, but the more in the lake the more we can take out" Then she frowned. "The only thing we have to worry about is if they figure it out before they die" "What do you mean?" One Lord asked. "If one of them shifts into a snake neither will kill the other, but it will give them chance to escape" This had us thinking.

"Crocodiles" I suddenly shouted, they all spun towards me. "How many snakes would you need?" I asked "At the most i would need five others" She said. I quickly tried to think. "If we could get twenty crocodiles that would sort out the ones that escape"

"How do you work that out?" Envila asked. "How do crocodiles kill their food?" I asked. "They death roll it under water" Ania exclaimed. "Of course, nothing escapes them, if a shifter tried to change what they were the crocodiles would still have them. Anyone in the water would either be crushed, drowned or torn to pieces"

That thought alone made me shiver. I knew this was war, but still the thought that we could talk about death so calmly frightened me.

"It seems we have our first battle plan" D spoke and for the first time i met him there was no emotion in his voice or on his face.