CHAPTER 21 - SHIDOU RYUSEI

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS

3rd POV - AUTHOR

When the match started, Sae and Shidou kept passing to each other as they advanced towards the goal.

Everyone on Blue Lock's team tried their best to get in between the passes but just couldn't.

(F/N) sat at the edge of her seat, she saw that Niko was able to read his opponent but couldn't position himself correctly.

What she then noticed was that Niko was trying to pull off what she did during the match.

When the opponent traps the ball and the ball bounces a little and then you would have to kick the ball.

Niko ended up kicking Shidou and receiving a yellow card, giving the opposite team a free kick.

As he was walking, Niko felt his ankle in pain but ignored it. 

At first, it looked like Shidou was going to take the free kick but he then bolted away, giving Sae the ball to kick.

Chigiri started to run towards Shidou, knowing that Sae was going to pass to the bug-looking man but was a head short.

Shidou was able to score. "WHAT'S THIS!? SHIDOU RYUSEI, A JAW DROPPING GOAL!" The man yelled.

Just then, Ego and (F/N) watched as Niko and Chigiri dropped down onto the field.

"It's time to make subs already." Ego muttered. "Yes sir. Who's going in?" Teieri asked.

"I thought we would be saving her for later but (F/N)-chan, you will be going in. Our balance has been shifted. We need one more person who can tighten the lineup. So we'll go with..." Ego trailed off.

Both players took off their tracksuits and placed them on their chairs. 

"Let's do this!" (F/N) shouted. "Yeah! Just like back then." The boy replied. (F/N) jumped on his back.

"Oh? What's this? They're subbing in 2 players at once. Chigiri Hyoma and Ikki Niko are being subbed out for Mikage Reo and (L/N) (M/N) who was playing in the 1st half." The dude said.

Reo and (F/N) high fived both of them. 

"Good work, Niko!" Reo nodded. "Good luck out there." The said boy replied.

"Even though you didn't get to play much, you really sacrificed yourself for the team, Niko-kun. Good job." (F/N) smiled.

"Thank you, (M/N)-kun." Niko nodded.

"Good work with your legs, Chigiri-kun. You can rest easy now." (F/N) said. 

Chigiri just nodded and walked off.

"Now that Blue Lock had made their substitutions, the positions have changed." Natsuki said.

"Not surprising after that super goal! The U20's team is choosing the pace of the match now." The other dude replied.

"We're only 10 minutes into the match. I'm dying to see what's to happen next!" (F/N) walked up to Otoya.

"Otoya-kun, you will be playing right side back. So you don't have to come so far up." She said. "Alright."

At the start, Rin passed the ball to Isagi and everyone started to run. 

(F/N) stayed near Isagi so he could pass to her. When she did receive the ball, her opponent came up to her.

"I ain't letting you get away from me, shortstack." Sendou said.

"Alright. Not like I'm trying to. I'm not like some ninja or speedster anyways, I fight differently. Clashing with things head on isn't the only way to show off your ego." She said.