CHAPTER 5 - TO BECOME THE BEST

WORDS BETWEEN -    - MEANS THOUGHTS

POV - (L/N) (M/N)/ITOSHI (F/N)

After I got home from telling Reo and Seishiro who I really am, I went to go look for my sorry excuse of a mother. 

I saw her on the phone in her office she has in the 5 bedroom apartment. 

I knocked on the door. "Hm?" She looked over her shoulders and saw me. 

"My baby boy! What can I do for you?" She asked.

I stared at her, unamused. "I just wanted to tell you that I'm joining a soccer program." I announced.

"Eh? Is it perhaps the letter you received a few days ago?" She asked.

"Yeah. I think I'm also going to be staying there, I'm not sure." I said.

"Well, you have my approval! I'll support you no matter what! Can't wait to see you on TV, son!" She smiled. "Hm."

I then walked away from the door and into my room. "Approval? Support? Even if you didn't approve, I would still go. You never supported my 'girly' opinions either." I muttered.

I rolled my eyes as I got ready to get cleaned up. 

After getting cleaned up and doing my homework, I went straight to bed. -What a rollercoaster today.-

*Timeskip*

It was now the day where we showed up to the program. I waited for Seishiro and Reo at our school while wearing my uniform. 

Just then, a limo pulled up and the window came rolling down. "(F/N)! Hop on!" Reo grinned.

"Well damn. Alright." I hopped on and greeted the driver and sat between Reo and Seishiro.

"How do you feel, right now?" I turned to Reo. "As in like if I'm nervous or not? Hell nah. I'm happy that I'm getting away from the old hag." I said.

"Haha! What about you, Nagi?" Reo asked.

"I feel tired and bored." (F/N) grinned. "You always feel like that either way, Seishiro." She replied.

"Whatever." Nagi muttered. We continued to talk until we felt the car stop.

"Young master, Reo. We have arrived." The driver announced.

"Alright. Thanks for the lift." They all got off, not before saying a thank you. The trio looked at the building then at the paper in (F/N)'s hands. 

"Well, it's now or never." Reo said.

They all entered the building and followed the directions on the paper until they arrived at a door.

"Just saying, don't call me (F/N) here anymore or at least when we have some privacy." (F/N) said.

"Alright." "Let's do this!" Reo pushed open the door and everyone that was inside stared at them. 

We stared back at them as we walked to somewhere less crowded. "Well, it seems like there's a lot of people joining this program." (F/N) commented. "Yeah."

I looked around at the people here and noticed a few familiar faces. 

Most of them were popular soccer players or people I remember seeing on the field. 

I didn't notice a certain dark blue haired boy and his white hair friend enter the room. 

Just then, the lights were shut off and the only light source pointed at the stage.

A scrawny looking man came walking out. 

"Ahem. Welcome, you unpolished gems. According to the papers I received, all 301 of you are under 18. My name is Ego Jinpachi. Nice to meet you. I was hired to get Japan to win a World Cup." The man introduced.