CHAPTER 17 - REGULARS AND PRE-GAME

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS

3rd POV - AUTHOR

When it was morning, everyone was gathered in one of the many rooms that Blue Lock has. 

Just then, the doors opened and in came Ego. 

"Greetings, diamonds in the rough. Soccer is a sport where you score goals. For starters, I start from the beginning. 'Goals' are the reason why we have strikers. That is why I had tryouts so I can decide to form a team that can be centred around the one with the highest goal rate." Ego started.

(F/N) leaned against her brother as she listened. 

"Listen. I am about to announce the 11 players that are to play during the U-20 game. First, the number 1 player here is still 2 players, Itoshi Rin and (L/N) (M/N). With an average of 2.5 goals per game, I wanted the team to be centred around you both."

Ego looked at the siblings as he continued.. 

"Since (M/N) is a very skilled all-rounder, he will be playing centre back. That means the team will be centred around Itoshi Rin in an aggressive offence-oriented formation. But that doesn't stop you, (M/N), from helping around in the offence." The said male nodded.

"The type of team that might score 5 goals, but win with 6. This is the only way Blue Lock, a team of strikers, can win. Destruction begets destruction, Itoshi Rin and (L/N) (M/N), you will lead the team with this theme. And the following 9 players whose name I will call, will be ammo in this destruction plan."

Ego started to call out names and their position, along with his reasoning. 

Gagamaru Gin as the goalkeeper. Aryu Jyubei as centre back with (F/N). Chigiri Hyoma as right side back.

Bachira Meguru as left side back. Karasu Tabito as defensive midfielder. Otoya Eita as right wing. Yukimiya Kenyu as left wing.

 Nagi Seishiro as offensive midfielder and Isagi Yoichi as offensive midfielder as well.

"These are the top 11 who will face the U-20 Japan team." Ego finished.

Rin, feeling the air around him turn cold, looked down at his little sister. 

Her eyes were burning royal blue again, making him freeze in his spot. 

(F/N) started to zone out again, a really bad habit of hers when she heard Ego... 

"We will now commence your last and final training." He said.

For (F/N) training was not that bad but still brutal. 

Since she was a highly skilled all-around, (F/N) didn't have to worry much about her skills. 

She just sharpened them throughout the days of training. 

She also did some weight training and stamina since she wanted to improve in those areas.

As of right now, she was with Rin going leg training. 

Isagi, who was taking a break, was walking past when he saw the 2 siblings still working out together. 

"Rin, (M/N)-kun. It's time to take a break. Take a breather." He said.

The brunette dropped the equipment in her hand and nodded.

"Hah? Don't lump us with all of you. If you're here to bother me, get lost, Isagi." Rin snapped.

"Uhm, but you might hurt your..." Isagi was cut off.

"If I break down from this, that just means that's all I was ever gonna do. I can finally fight him, my brother Sae, I can crush him. Surpass him. How long have I waited for this moment!?" Rin asked.

(F/N) walked over to Rin and smacked the back of his head which made him stop using the gym equipment. 

"I get you're hyped and all but don't overwork yourself. How are you going to beat Sae if you're not on your game?" Isagi asked as he then passed the siblings water bottles.

"Thank you, Yoichi-kun." The said male blushed and looked the other way. 

"It's nothing." He muttered. "The hell? I don't need this shit." Rin said.

"Like (M/N)-kun said, if you get hurt, Blue Lock is basically done, kinda. We still have (M/N)-kun. That'd present a problem for me and I don't want any fucking problems. So drink." Isagi snapped.

Rin looked at his sister. "You heard him." She said.

As Rin took it for Isagi's hand, he drank the water. "It's lukewarm." Rin commented.

"Oh shut it." Isagi said as he then left the room. 

"I can't believe you actually sided with him. Not even your own blood brother. How could you?" Rin asked. (F/N) rolled her eyes. 

"Stop exaggeration." She said. "Is this what love can do to you? Ignore your brother?" Rin asked.

"I'm leaving." (F/N) announced as she got up.

After all that training, Ego called everyone for a meeting. 

He wanted to teach everyone about 'Flow' but (F/N) already knew about it. 

"I believe only (L/N) (M/N) and a certain someone knows what I'm talking about." The said player nodded and continued what she was doing.

On her lap, she had an Ipad that everyone was able to use to get some background knowledge of the U-20 team players. 

"This ain't gonna be an easy match tomorrow." Ego said.

(F/N) scrolled down and looked at the stats of Itoshi Sae. She was excited to play against her brother again.

*Timeskip*

Before the game, Anri gave (F/N) her jersey so she could change first and when they're in the locker room, she could just take off her outer layer. 

"Thank you, Anri-san. You're really the best." (F/N) smiled.

"I'm just doing my job, (F/N)-chan." The said young lady went into the washrooms and quickly changed.

She wanted to do 2 big things before the game that involved Isagi Yoichi and the team. 

Ego and Anri already knew of this plan as she told them before. 

(F/N) and the 2 coaches knew it was a gamble but it would be better if it was said now rather than never or later.

(F/N) looked at herself in the mirror and touched her hair. "I really need a haircut, along with redying my hair." (F/N) muttered.

Her hair was no longer a mullet but just long hair with layers. 

As she walked out of the washroom, she just so happened to bump into someone hard and started to fall. 

(F/N) closed her eyes tightly and waited for the impact yet it never came.

"(M/N)-kun?" She snapped her eyes open. "Yoichi-kun?" She tilted her head.

"Heh. Thank goodness I caught you before you fell onto the floor. Don't want you hurt before the match do we?" He said.

"Hehe. Nope. Of course not." (F/N) smiled.

The 2 then noticed how close they were to each other. Isagi had his arm wrapped around (F/N)'s waist with their faces close together.

The both of them jumped away from each other with huge blushes on their faces along with butterflies exploding in their stomach. 

When Isagi looked around to check if anyone saw that interaction, he noticed the sign of the room (F/N) had just walked out of.

"(M/N)-kun... Why were you in the females' washroom?" He asked.

Isagi and (F/N) went pale as paper and looked at each other. 

"Y-Yoichi-kun! I-It's not what it looks like!" (F/N) yelled.

Isagi started to back away from her, looking her straight in the eyes. 

"(M/N)-kun... Were you peeping in the girls washroom? YOU PERVERT!" He screamed.