CHAPTER 2 - WHAT A CHANGE

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS

3rd POV - AUTHOR

Saturday came by in a flash, thank goodness the Itoshi siblings could spend the last moments as a full family.

Once everyone arrived at the courtroom, this is now where the showdown really started. 

(F/N) didn't pay attention to the trial until the judge's words caught her attention.

The judge's words shattered her entire world. "Itoshi (M/N) (if you have a middle name) (F/N) will be under full custody of (L/N) (M/N)."

(D/N) jumped up from his seat. "Your honor! Please rethink your decision." He yelled.

"Sir, you won over most of your shared things to the woman you called your wife. It is only fair." The judge said.

The judge then slammed his hammer down. "The trial is now over." 

Everyone got up besides (F/N). She started at the other side of the courtroom, right at her father's eyes.

(F/N) saw the regret in his eyes while (D/N) saw the betrayal if you can even call it that in his daughter's eyes.

(F/N) looked at her brothers in panic. She saw how they stared at her in horror and sadness. 

They won't be able to see each other anymore to play soccer together and share their dreams together, for now at least.

"Come on now, (F/N)." The said girl looked at her so-called mother. She followed her out the courtroom.

"(F/N)! Just know that dad is very sorry and will do everything he can in his power to get you back in his arms!" Her dad yelled.

"(F/N), just know that me and Rin love you!" Sae shouted with tears in his eyes.

(M/N) just smirked and grabbed her daughter by the shoulder. "Come on now, you don't want to be surrounded by idiots, right?" Her mother said.

The car ride was silent and long and the tension was high. 

All (F/N) could do was look at her feets. Once she felt the car come to a halt, she looked up.

It was an apartment somewhere she was not familiar with. "This is your new home, our new home." Her mother announced.

The 2 got out and entered the elevator to the 28th floor and to room 361.

The older woman opened the door with (F/N) following her into the large space she will call home now. "Take off your shoes and sit on the couch." Her mother said.

(F/N) did so as she felt how demanding her mom was. 

Once she took a seat on the couch, her mother came walking towards her with a cup of wine and sat down across from her.

"Now that you're under my custody, I have rules to lay out for you to obey me. Just know that if you don't do as I say, things will get really ugly." (M/N) warned.

(F/N) watched as (M/N)'s eyes got slanted and she started to smirk at her while drinking some wine. She knew that her mother was threatening her.

"1. You shall do as I say as I am your mother. If you don't like what I said, shit will get ugly. 2. You will now go as (L/N) (M/N) and will cross dress as a boy. You will be a replacement for your brothers so we will be changing everything about you." Her mom finalized.

(F/N) sat there frozen. "Come on now, (M/N). I'll give you a house tour." The lady grinned.

As (M/N) showed the house around, she purposely made sure to show her 'son' 'his' new room last.

"And finally, you're room." As she opened the door, everything about the room screamed masculinity. If (F/N) was honest, she didn't mind her room.

It had almost everything she had in her old room here. 

She wasn't a big fan of girly things as she is considered a tomboy, so it was perfect for her. (you can always change this to your preference)

It's just that changing into a male to replace her brothers is what ticked her off. 

"Here's your closet. All male clothes. Honesty, you should be thankful..."

(F/N) started to zone out. "Anyways, let's get your hair changed. Let's do something short, maybe like..." Her mom trailed off.

"Erm... Mom?" (F/N) called out. (M/N) sent her 'son' a challenging look. 

"I was thinking of a mullet jellyfish cut! You know, it's very popular among boys in my old school." (F/N) sweated under her mother's stare.

"What a great idea! You are so smart, (M/N)! Just like your brothers!" (M/N) smiled as she ruffled her 'son's' hair. 

(the same hairstyle like Haitani Rindou and Sanzu Haruchiyo or anything you would prefer)

It was not that short but not that long so it was the best call for (F/N). Thank goodness (M/N) actually agreed with her.

"Well, we'll head to the salon tomorrow! We should also get your hair colored. What's a color that is in the middle of reddish-brown and black? Let's do brown!" (M/N) smiled.

(If your hair color is brown, please ignore this) 

(M/N) then walked out of (F/N)'s room while laughing like a maniac. (F/N)'s life will never be the same anymore.

"Oh! (M/N)! You will be starting school on Monday so be ready! I don't care if you struggle with catching up! Go buy yourself some supplies for school! Be thankful I got you a backpack and lunch box! Get familiar with the neighborhood too! I'm going out! DON'T LOOK FOR ME!" She yelled.

(F/N) just stared at the wall in front of her as she heard her mother slam the front door shut. "What a great start to life here." She muttered.

She walked out of her room to the living room and saw some cash lying down on the table. 

"At least she actually left some money for me to buy things." (F/N) said to herself.

Before she left, she made sure to take the spare key of the apartment before heading out the door.

As she walked around the neighborhood and down to the main floor of the apartment, she got to meet many new people and became acquaintances with them.

But she introduced herself as Itoshi (F/N) instead of (L/N) (M/N)

Too bad they will only see Itoshi (F/N) only once in their lifetime. Or would they?

After buying some school supplies, (F/N) used the leftover money to eat out and buy some groceries cause ain't no way was the young girl gonna use whatever was inside the fridge of her house. 

Once she got home, her mom was not home yet.

"Probably out drinking her problems away." (F/N) muttered.

The young girl then got cleaned up and headed for bed. This was just day one of staying with in her new home in Yokohama.

As (F/N) laid in her bed, she started to think back to her childhood. How good yet shitty it was thanks to her family.

Talking about family, (F/N) was suddenly reminded of leaving Sae, Rin, and their father. 

Without her knowing, she cried herself to sleep again.

Crying herself to sleep seems like the only way to cope with her sadness she was feeling alongside playing soccer.