CHAPTER 4 - BLUE LOCK

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS

3rd POV - AUTHOR

Ever since the day (F/N), Reo, and Nagi met, they became extremely close. 

Everyday during lunch, they would play soccer at the back of the school. 

After school, they would go to a nearby soccer field to practice. 

Heck, during their days off, they would play soccer too.

Though, obviously they had to drag Nagi to join them. 

After some soccer practice with the boys, (F/N) made her way up the elevators to her apartment. 

Once she twisted the doorknob, she was welcomed with a pair of black, spotless dress shoes that belonged to a man. (F/N) knew it already.

For the past 10 years, her mother, almost every week, would bring a man home. 

They say they were madly in love until the man finds out that (M/N) was cheating on them with another man and the cycle continues for as long as the old hag can walk. 

(F/N) took off her shoes and walked into the kitchen.

"I'm home." (F/N) said as she grabbed a  bun that was on a plate with 4 other buns and took a bite out of it. 

"Ah! My baby! Welcome home!" The old hag shouted in reply.

(F/N) turned her head to the side to see her mother and a man standing in the hallway, looking all messed up. 

You could probably know what had happened before she entered the house.

"Yo." (F/N) nodded. (M/N) shot her a small glare. 

"(M/N)! I want you to meet your future step-dad." The said 'male' choked on 'his' bun. 

Now that was a shock. (F/N) knew that her mom brought back men as a boyfriend and later got dumped but not someone that she will be called step-dad for the rest of her life.

"Nayaka Benjiro. Nice to meet you, (M/N)-kun. Your mom loves to talk about you." The man introduced. (F/N) nodded. 

"Nice to meet you." (F/N) muttered. 

"Oh! (M/N), a letter was sent to you from, uhm. If I remember, it was from the Japanese Football Association/Union." 

That caught (F/N)'s attention. "Do you know what it's about?" She asked. (M/N) shook her head. 

"I'm afraid not. I left the letter on your table. Well, me and your dad are going out for the night! There's food in the microwave! Love you!" The woman shouted.

And with that, the 2 adults left the house. 

(F/N) walked into her room and saw the paper on her desk. Before she opened it, she decided to get cleaned up.

She grabbed an oversize t-shirt and basketball shorts (or whatever you like) and headed into the bathroom to get cleaned up. 

(F/N) walked out the bathroom with a towel draped over her shoulders and headed back into her room. 

She took a seat on her bed and opened the letter.

It was from the Japanese Football Association/Union. The brown-haired female read through the letter. 

"I've been selected for a special player training program?" (F/N) muttered.

After reading the letter, it also came with a date, address, and directions to this program.