CHAPTER 11 - MATCHUP

WORDS BETWEEN -  - MEANS THOUGHTS

POV - (L/N) (M/N)/ITOSHI (F/N)

It was 9 minutes until the match so the team was in the locker room, getting ready. 

I wasn't really paying attention as the pain in my stomach was really getting to me. 

-It's nothing related to food. I don't usually get breakfast so that's out of the question.- I thought about what could cause the pain.

That's when it hit me. -I'm starting my period soon. Shit shit shit! Why!?-

Rin-nii seemed to notice me on the verge of murdering everything and sat beside me. 

"What's up?" He asked.

"I'm starting my period soon. I usually get stomach pains before the start." I explained.

"Crap. You think you could play?" He asked.

I nodded. "It's not like I have a choice. Everyone else would get suspicious if I don't." I muttered.

"Well, how about you play at the start then rest for the time being. Because I think the pain won't be as bad right now as of later." Rin-nii said. "Alright." 

Rin-nii patted my head and stood up. "Oi, let's finish this already so we can move on. It'll be an instant kill." Rin-nii said.

We all walked onto the court and met up with Team white. As I stretched, I heard commotion behind so I looked back. 

Aryu-kun was on the floor being dramatic and Tokimitsu-kun was having a mental breakdown. 

I looked at everything with a deadpan face.

-Why are we teammates again?- I was up against Chigiri-kun so Aryu-kun was on the sidelines, sobbing? 

"Let's have a good match." I smiled at him. 

"Yeah, let's have a good match. Though, what is going on with you other dude?" He asked.

I sweatdropped. "I have 0 clue." I said.

As the game started, I stayed near the side but kept my eyes on the ball.

Using my mind and eyes, I was able to look at the field from a bird's eye view. 

Bachira-kun was against Isagi-kun and because we both had the same eyes, the dark haired male was able to position himself. 

In my head, it went black before I saw a vision before coming back to reality.

"Bachira-kun! Watch out, they're planning on surrounding you! Tokimitsu-kun, go closer to Bachira-kun!" I yelled.

Tokimitsu-kun was slow to move closer to Bachira-kun as the latter was trying to pass to the former but Isagi-kun intercepted the ball. 

The said dark haired male passed it to Seishiro but Rin-nii was on him.

I studied Seishiro's form. -He's going to pass to Chigiri-kun.- 

Me and Rin-nii saw where the ball was going to land and made a dash for it but Chigiri-kun was able to get to the ball first and jump right over our legs. 

Using Team White's chemical reaction, Chigiri-kun was able to score.

"Heh. One look is enough now." I smirked.

Rin-nii passed to Bachira-kun and we all started to advance. 

Bachira-kun then passed the ball to me, it was a little high in the air, making everyone on Team White think that I was not able to get the ball but... 

Since I was short in stature, I was able to jump pretty high up.

"Receiving the ball like that, your reach should be illegal." Chigiri-kun said.

"It's not. It's all in the legs that I'm able to pull shit like that. Anywhere around me is my territory, all I have to do is pass before you can catch up to me now." I explained.

I passed the ball to Tokimitsu-kun but then my head went blank, showed me a vision, and I was back again.

I positioned myself in the box. Tokimitsu lost the ball and Rin-nii quickly went to get the loose ball. 

Rin-nii was able to pass Seishiro but Isagi-kun went after him. 

Fortunately, Bachira-kun was able to go near the ball, making Isagi-kun also focus on Bachira instead of the ball.

-Go on, Chigiri-kun. Do help your teammate.- Like I said, Chigiri-kun went to get the ball from Rin-nii but he passed the ball to me. 

We both advanced to the goal but then Isagi-kun made a dash towards me and tried to get me off balance, even if it would get him a card but I passed and jumped right over him.

Rin-nii was able to send the ball right into the net. "Yeah!" I slapped Rin-nii's back. 

"N-nice goal." Tokimitsu-kun said. As we all got back to our positions, I looked at my older brother. 

"Seems like our connection works just as good as back then." I smiled.

"I'm happy that you didn't forget it." Rin-nii said. "Why would I?" I tilted my head.

When the game started, Seishiro passed the ball to Chirigi-kun off the bat. 

I paid attention to the ball in front of me but I still had to keep an eye on the field. 

Everyone had their eyes on Nagi as he advanced closer to the net.

In my head, I saw Isagi-kun duck right into Bachira-kun's blindspot and I watched as Chigiri-kun was able to spot the dark haired male. 

As the red-pinkish haired male was able to pass the ball, I stuck my foot up, making contact with the ball and sending it off its course to Isagi-kun.

"RIN!" I yelled. He was about to trap the ball and turn around. 

I started to run to the other end of the field. As I ran, I looked back right at Bachira-kun. 

-Pass to me!- I glanced up into the air to see the ball coming at me. "What a clean vertical spin." I nodded.

In my head, I saw Chigiri-kun and Seishiro around me, ready to get the ball from me. 

"Don't think I don't see that." They said.

If I wait until it lands, I would lose possession, even if I'm better than the both of them.

Along the line drawn by the parabola is the midair point that only I can reach. 

I jumped from where I was, putting all my weight at the balls of my feet before springing up into the air. I used my head to push the ball right into the goal.

"Thanks, Bachira-kun!" I raised my hands up and waved at the said male with a smile. 

When Seishiro had the ball, he passed to Chigiri-kun. 

"You're pretty good for someone so scrawny." I irked but smiled.

"I've been told. A lot." I said. "Well, we'll do this, no matter what." Chigiri-kun said.

"And we'll stop you, at any cost." I smirked at the long haired male. 

Off topic but I wished to have long hair like his or even Aryu-kun. 

-I wonder if my hair would be like that if I was to be like any normal girl?- 

My mood turned sour thinking about my life before Blue Lock. -That's stupid hag.-