Chapter 10: Dark Paradise

Warning: I apologize for my grammatical errors because English is not my first language, I hope I get to deliver my story very well. This story might include bad words so if you're uncomfortable with it please do excuse yourself.

***

Noey's Pov

Have you ever wonder where everything went wrong? You know how painful it is to see your friend change from bad to worst?

I've seen it with my own eyes.

The very moment she changed.

It was summer.

I was 15 and Freen is 14 that time. Because of our life, we're always just school, home and training. Our training is brutal but I don't know why they never let anyone see Freen's training, she has her own training area.

Everytime she came to meet me after training, she always has scars everywhere and it's not just usual scars. It's deep. You can tell that whoever she's sparring to didn't hold back even a bit despite of how young Freen is.

I don't know but deep inside me I know how every day passes, she slowly changes. The spark in her eyes that I always see everytime she smile, look around the place or she saw something she likes, just straight up gone.

She's always paranoid too. A small movement made her violent especially when it suprise her, she doesn't sleep, she's just training and studying.

One day, Freen told me to never go to the mansion because her grandparents and parents are telling her to not let any visitors come. From that moment on, I knew she lied. Her grandparents and parents are business minded people, they're the kind of people wherein they kick out their family out from home to discuss business matters.

Few weeks prior from today, she's been busy and I didn't mind because she's always been a diligent kid so I just let her. My curiosity began two days ago because she kept smiling and when I asked her, she just shrug it off and change the subject.

She went home early that day, I went home as well because I grew bored and just kept on playing online games on my computer when an idea came and told me to visit her. My gut feeling is telling me to.

I took my car keys, ride on my motorbike and sped off towards her house.

When I arrived, I noticed that the vibe is off. It's so dark, eerie and suffocating. Just from their gate, I can tell that something is wrong. I tremble in fear because the pressure is not something I encounter before despite growing up in the underground world.

I grit my teeth and slowly climb up the gate as silent as possible. I tour the area around to investigate when my feet lead me towards the backyard, there's a table near the window and I climb up to take a peak inside the mansion because the house is lock.

What I see is straight out from hell and I knew from that moment on, there's something that shifted with Freen.

She's a very different person.

A very scary person.

Blood splattered around their house that is painted white. Bodies, organs, parts of the body are scattered everywhere while she's standing at the center, not even moving. She's holding a gun on her right hand and a spear on her left, her whole body is full of blood.

My body alerted when she carress her head back and began laughing. My body tensed, I just know that my body kind of regretted bringing me here to witness my childhood friend change.