Chapter 6: Like A Calm Ocean

Warning: I apologize for my grammatical errors because English is not my first language, I hope I get to deliver my story very well. This story might include bad words so if you're uncomfortable with it please do excuse yourself.

***

Becky's Pov

After cleaning her office, I walk my way towards her mini library. I wanna read something because I don't have any privilege to even hold a book in my life again. I'm glad I know how to read and write though.

I scan her bookshelf and saw a book that caught my attention. I grab the book and it says, "The Game Changing Attorney". I smile upon reading the word Attorney, how I wish I'll be able to achieve that name.

I want to be a lawyer, mainly because of my past and I wanted to put my father behind bars. I don't have any remorse for him, he never saw me as a daughter and I don't see him as a father.

But still, there are times that I wish he was the father I could ask for. Knowing I was only born because they accidentally made me when they're on the verge of having a divorce. That's what they get for even considering a closure. A stupid closure, and now they're trap with another child.

I'm even impressed that they didn't kill me while I was on my mother's belly considering that they're that kind of person.

"You like it?" Suddenly, I heard a voice behind me. I didn't even notice that she came in, I immediately put the book back on the shelf and turn around to give her a bow as a sign of courtesy.

"Sorry that I touch your things without permission, Lady Boss." I apologize. She gave me an eyebrow raise as she fold her arms on her chest.

"It's fine. You didn't answer my question yet." She said as she frown, my eyes widen as I nodded to answer her question earlier.

She's so intimidating.

Also, she looks attractive in her attire.

She's like a calm ocean. So calm yet there's something terrifying lurking deep within that I couldn't exactly point out.

"Yes, Lady Boss. It's an interesting book. You read that already?" I asked, curiously. She gave me a small smile and nodded.

"You want to be a lawyer as well?" I asked. She frown and shook her head "no".

"I read that for other purposes." She answered as she turn around and went straight to the sofa.

I notice that there's a bunch of food on her table, I guess she have guests today.

"I'll help you prepare them, Lady Boss." I said. After I said that, she crossed her arms again as she sent me death glares, as if I said something not on her liking.

"Don't call me that. Just call me Ms. Sarocha." She said as she roll her eyes, I just giggle at her because I can't help it. She's too cute. Like a kid that's sulking.

"Alright. No need to be grumpy." I joked. This made her smile and in order to hold it back, she just roll her eyes at me.

We were still preparing the foods and so I can't help but ask a question, "You have guests today, Ms. Sarocha? Should I prepare some snacks for later?" I asked. She looks up and raise her brows at me again, what a habit.

"It's our lunch. Look, I even bought you your chocolate drink." She brag as she point at the chocolate drink.

My eyes widen in shock. She really brought 10 boxes! Is she like this to the other employees? If yes, then no wonder they endure all the pressure that this company faces because our boss is very generous.

"You can bring them home. Like a stock." She continue as she sat down, she looks at me once again when I didn't say anything.

"Are you not gonna eat? Should I drag you?" She asked and that's when I snap. "You're so brutal." I said and huffed, she just gave me a smile and shrug.

"Let's eat. I still have a meeting after lunch." She said as we ate and I swear, just by looking at the foods, my mouth watered. It looks so good.

"Stop staring at the food, Bec. Start chewing." She commented again. "Stop hurrying me up, what if I die because I swallow fast?" I joke, she poke my forehead and I wince in pain. I rub my forehead as I gave her a puppy dog eyes, hoping that it'll work.

"You're not gonna die or else, I'm gonna throw you out of the window." She said and that made me laugh, "Oh gosh, atleast when I choke I can still survive but get throw out of the window? Zero survival rate." I said and eat the chicken.

Wow, this taste good! It's been awhile since I ate some chicken. Usually I ate cup noodles, or like canned foods. Just foods that's budget friendly.

We continue eating and talking. I learn that she doesn't have parents and that she's living alone, she's like me in some way. She's lonely because she doesn't have anyone and I'm lonely despite having someone.

"Well, we'll survive without them but still, it still feels good when you have someone, right?" I said and smile. I can feel the melancholic feeling building up, wishing that I have someone by my side so that it won't be as lonely.

But I guess, I'll be lonely til the day I die.

"Yup, it feels good to have someone." She said and began cleaning her table. I stopped her and she look at me, confused.

"I can do this. You should prepare because you still have meeting. Also, thank you for that. I really appreciate it." I said, she just nodded and smile before standing up and walk her way towards her table.

"No problem. Starting from now, let's eat lunch together." She said as she fixes herself, I nodded despite being shock with her invitation. I can't believe I have this privilege despite being new here.

"A 'no' isn't an option." She continue and went to the sofa to grab her bag, "If P'Nam ask where I was, just tell her that I'm going somewhere." She said and I nodded.

She walk her way towards the door and turn around with a frown on her face, she didn't say anything as she keeps on glaring at me.

What does she wants? Why is she glaring?

Like a bulb, I smile widely at her.

"Good luck on your way and stay safe always." I said, this made her smile as she turn around to leave the room.

Wow, what a confusing woman.

[End of Chapter 6]

Author's Note:
Hey everyone! This will be the last update for this week since I'm super busy now, still I want to give my readers a chapter to read so here it goes.

Don't forget to vote and comment! I appreciate reading your thoughts!

Thank you xx