Chapter 5: The Devils' Hawkeye Gaze

Warning: I apologize for my grammatical errors because English is not my first language, I hope I get to deliver my story very well. This story might include bad words so if you're uncomfortable with it please do excuse yourself.

***

Becky's Pov

I took a deep breath because it's been a very tiring day. After Ms. Sarocha left the room, she didn't return. She's that busy. I guess being that influential is the best and worst thing because you'll have the greatest thing in the world materialistically but you'll be working nonstop to maintain everything and wouldn't have time for yourself

It's evening already and the rest already went home. I decided to go back to my past company since I have to go back and take my compensation salary, hoping that he'll give it to me this time.

I already texted him about it and he told me that he'll be waiting at the store. I'm really happy that he's finally giving it because I have no money for my daily necessities, I don't even know where I'll get the money for my food since my remaining money is good for my transportation and payment for my rent.

Also hoping that my father wouldn't contact me and ask for some.

I knock on the store as he yell to come inside which is weird because he usually open the door for the customer to come in and out without a problem. I know that very well because he reprimand me about it one time.

Shaking the thought off, I decided to come inside.

And I was wishing that I didn't.

Three big dudes were inside the store, probably a gangster around the neighborhood. They are looking at me and I can't help but be intimidated. One is smoking, the other is holding a bat, while the other one is staring at me while smirking.

"Pretty stupid that you really came here." My boss said smugly, wearing his disgusting apron, probably too tight because of his beer belly.

"Too desperate to have that money, eh?" He said as he signal for his men to come near me to scare me off. But what can I do? I really need that money. I can't keep bothering Irin and ask for some because I know she wouldn't let me pay it back. I don't have any face to show it to her because of how ashame I am.

"I earned for it. Just give it to me, atleast half." I beg, trying to suppress my shaking voice and tears. He cackle as if he's having fun seeing me scared. He's such a bastard. No wonder no one wants to work for him.

"Will do. If you can still find yourself alive by the morning." He said as he snap his fingers in a dramatic gesture, he thinks he's in a movie. He looks silly.

The three guys approach me and I was about to turn around and run but the guy who was smirking earlier run towards the door and lock it. I step back and run around the store, I don't have any escape route.

The guy with a bat took me by the hair and smash his bat towards my abdomen. Despite his huge build, he still doesn't have any mercy and punch me in the face. It was so hard, I bit my tongue.

Gosh, that hurts.

Why does this happen to me? I didn't do anything wrong. I tried my best to not do anything wrong. Did I do something bad in my past life to get tortured this much? I think I've already suffered enough. I want to atleast live a peaceful life. Just work and be stable, that's all I'm asking for.

Despite the hard beatings, I held it in. I'm used to this because of how my father physically abused me but I still can't get used to the pain.

It's still painful, it still breaks my heart.