Return To Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place

When Alexandra, Nicholas and Severus arrived at Dumbledore's office, all the Weasleys, Hermione and Harry were present. All of them seemed anxious withheld eyes widened and their fast breathing could easily be picked up. Especially from Harry who was drenched in sweat.

Alexandra and Nicholas got a run down of what happened from a very worried Hermione. Apparently, Harry had a dream where Arthur Weasley had been attacked. What was even more shocking was that it wasn't just a dream, the attack had actually happened. Luckily, due to Dumbledore's quick actions, Arthur Weasley was rapidly being transported to St. Mungo's for urgent treatment. 

 "Merlin..." Nicholas exclaimed after Hermione was done explaining. "That's..."

 Nicholas trailed off and Alexandra understood why. As calm as she was most of the time, she couldn't help but be worried. But she knew that the We always were a million times more anxious than her at the thought of their father being attacked so violently.

 "Alexandra," Severus approached where Alexandra and Nicholas stood together, "I will be sending you to go Number Twelve, Grimmauld place with the Weasleys. I have asked Molly Weasley to take care of you just in case. But I know that you will be able to manage yourself just fine."

 " Yeah, don't worry. I'll be fine, " Alexandra agreed. "What about you, Father? Are you going to be staying here?"

 Severus nodded. "The Headmaster has assigned me with some tasks for which I cannot accompany you." Severus then turned to Nicholas, " As for you, your father also wishes to send you to Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place along with Alexandra and the Weasleys. He has already arrived there and is waiting for your arrival. "

Nicholas filled anxiously but still nodded in reply. Alexandra and Nicholas's eyes met. It wasn't just an emergency. It was an emergency which almost resulted in someone's death.

 -------------------------------

It was a week later, which meant it was Christmas. When they had first arrived at Grimmauld Place, Alexandra was greeted by Nicholas's father. Unfortunately, she was not able to have a good conversation with him because of the tense atmosphere. 

In fact, everyone only went to back at around 5 in the morning, only when they had received word that Arthur Weasley was now in a stable condition. But now it was Christmas and Mr. Wesley had recovered well enough to come to Grimmauld Place to spend Christmas with his family.

Alexandra had received a cute scarf from Mrs Weasley with her initials on it which incredibly touched her. She immediately took a liking to it and gave a big thanks to Mrs Weasley for the gift. 

Later on in the afternoon, Alexandra was busy reading a new novel in her book. It was sent to her by Severus who had somehow guessed that Alexandra had been wanting to read that particular novel for a while now but could not do so because there was so much going on at Hogwarts. She was grateful that Severus had sent her a gift she liked despite the work he was busy with back at Hogwarts. Although she was a bit sad she could not spend this year's Christmas with him. 

As she lounged in the couch, reading the first few pages of the novel, She saw Nicholas coming into the room. 

 "Hey," he greeted her with a smile as he say down next to her. "What are you reading?"

 " It's a new novel that came out recently. I just got it from Father today. "

 "Seems interesting," Nicholas gently held her hand, " but I was hoping we could talk for a bit. You know, spend some time together? "

 "Definitely," Alexandra closed her book and put it on a table nearby as she shifted closer to Nicholas. "It's been a while since we've spent some time alone together. Everything's been so busy lately."

 It was true. Due to all their pressure for the OWLs and the DA lessons in between, things kept them very busy. Alexandra hasn't been able to spend some quality time with Nicholas because everyone including her had only been busy worrying about Mr Weasley after they arrived.

Nicholas's eyes sparkled as Alexandra shifted towards him and lay down with her head on his lap. Alexandra felt Nicholas' hand in her hair, stroking gently. 

 "Have you been tired lately? You've been keeping up with school and the DA together," Nicholas asked her. 

 "I honestly thought I would be but I'm surprisingly not exhausted by all of this," Alexandra replied. " It's quite fun, actually. It's relieves me to know that we can at least do something to fight back when You Know Who returns. "

 "What about you? What do you think of the DA?" Alexandra inquired. 

 " In all honesty, I'm terrified for when You Know Who will strike. But I know denial won't solve anything, which is why I'm thankful we managed to smoothly start off the DA. "

A small smile spread on Alexandra's face. Alexandra's heart fluttered as Nicholas gently put a hand on her cheek, his thumb stroking softly. "You've been doing well."

 "What do you mean?"

 " It's just that I know things must have been tough for you, especially after You Know Who has returned, so I thought I'd let you know that considering your circumstances, you're doing well. Amazingly, even. "

Alexandra's eyes widened at the very sudden compliments from Nicholas. Nonetheless, she felt touched. Nicholas was right. Things really had been tough for her even if she didn't like to admit it. But fortunately, she had Nicholas who appreciated her. It felt assuring to know that even after You Know Who has returned, she still has Nicholas in her corner. 

-----------------------------------