The Golden Egg

Bella and Alexandra sat on Bella's bed, munching on some homemade fudge that Bella's mother made. The two girls were back in their dorm and were busy opening their presents. Bella was going first. 

She had received multiple gifts from her parents and other relatives. Alexandra on the other hand did not get as many gifts as Bella did, but didn't seem to mind at all. She had gotten gifts from Severus, Nicholas and Bella as well as from her friends at Sidus Academy. 

Sidus Academy themselves gave a complimentary gift to her. Apparently, all Sidus students receive gifts like these during Christmas. The gift was also attached with a congratulatory note of how Alexandra made it through the First Task. 

"I don't know what sort of secret recipe your mum has but this is beyond delicious," Alexandra said as she took a bite of fudge. 

"I know right? She always makes these for me in the winter," Bella explained to her. "But now that we're done opening my presents, why don't you open yours?"

"Yeah, sure," Alexandra agreed as she picked up a present wrapped in a beautiful red, her favourite colour. "I think this is from Delphine. She's one of my friends at Sidus Academy."

"Go on, open it," Bella told her. Alexandra unwrapped the present and found a black box. The box was shaped like a rectangle. When she opened it, she found many macarons neatly lined up inside the box. There was a note inside written in French: 

'Merry Christmas, Alexandra. These macarons have very unique flavours. Like there's an ice cream flavour and even a grass flavour. Hope you like it!"

"I can't read French. What does it say?" Bella peered over Alexandra's shoulder to have a look at the present. Alexandra kindly translated it for Bella to understand. "Ooh, seems like it tastes good. Can I have one?"

"Of course," Alexandra said as she picked up the next present. She continued to open presents. She had received some special French desserts from Tristan, a book from Severus, and a souvenir from Sidus Academy. It was a framed picture that showed Alexandra defeating the dragon in the First Task. In the picture, Alexandra zoomed around with the golden egg in her hands while the dragon beside her roared proudly.

From Bella, she had received a picture of Nicholas and the two of them together as they stood arm in arm with each other. Alexandra was touched by the gesture and put the picture on her bedside table. 

"Oh, this one's from Nicholas. I wonder what he gave you," Bella wiggled her eyebrows when he saw a present with a note from Nicholas. 

"Oh, shut up," Alexandra's cheeks flushed. She remembered what happened to her and Nicholas an hour ago. They actually kissed. Alexandra didn't stop thinking about it ever since. 

Alexandra neatly unwrapped the present from Nicholas. There was a note attached to it which said:

'This Christmas, I've packed something really special for you. I hope you love it

From Nicholas :)'

Alexandra opened up the box and found the most beautiful tiara ever.