Medeis

The end of the first month at Sidus was nearing. Two weeks into training, Sidus was visited by the graduating students of Beauxbatons Academy. Alexandra had seen Fleur and even had a decent conversation with her. But the meeting was short-lived as the Beauxbatons students had to go back. 

As for now, the Sidus students were gathered on the common room's sofa. Their supervisor, Jason, was standing in front of them. He had an important announcement to make. 

"At the beginning of the next month, you all will be registered to do some business outside the academy. This work will improve your capabilities as Auror trainees," he said as he paced the room slowly. 

This made the students sit up straight and listen more intently as they rarely got to do activities outside the academy. 

"You will be sent out on minor missions in order to retrieve something sacred to the academy. You will all be grouped in pairs when doing this mission. This mission will take at least a few weeks' time so I suggest you pack your bags with safety and first aid kits and other necessities you will need on the quest." 

"Jason," A boy spoke up. "What is this sacred thing we have to retrieve?"

"This sacred item is actually a spellbook and a very rare one too. There is more than one which is why you're being divided into pairs to find them. Each person can only have one spellbook to use. You will be provided with any extra supplies like maps and compasses by the academy. I will also be providing you with information on how to find these spellbooks."

"These spellbooks can be found in any type of area. In forests, large cities or even in small villages. Their locations are rather unpredictable. I'm sure you have heard the phrase, 'the wand chooses the wizard'. Similarly, a spellbook will choose you and your partner. When it chooses you, you will be able to feel its aura no matter how far you are."

"How does the spellbook choose us, exactly? Is there some special method in sorting or something?" Alexandra asked Jason. 

"I'm glad you asked. As you know, tomorrow is July 28th. For Sidus Academy, it is a special day on which these sacred spellbooks choose students from the academy depending on what type of spellbook it is. It is almost as if the spellbook has a life and personality of its own and it will choose a user that whom it is most compatible. There are spellbooks on offensive and defensive spells, Divination, Potions and many more. These spellbooks are called Medeis."

----------------------------------------

The next day, Alexandra woke up in the morning and went down to the dining hall to eat breakfast with Delphine and Tristan. It was the day when the sacred spellbooks would be choosing them. Jason had asked everyone to meet him back in the common room once they were done eating. 

"What kind of Medeis do you think I'll get?" Delphine asked Alexandra as she stuffed herself with food. 

"Hmm...I don't know but I guess you might get a Medeis on defensive spells," Alexandra suggested. 

"Jason only mentioned a few types of Medeis. He said we'd find out more when we actually find our Medeis," Tristan said. 

"He also said we'd be in pairs. I hope I get someone good," Delphine said as she took a gulp of orange juice. 

"Skills are obviously important but a person's capability of working as a team is important too. Let's not forget, we also have to know how to react fast in case something happens," Alexandra explained. 

"Yeah, that's true but Jason didn't even provide us with much information on the obstacles we have to face," Tristan told them.

"That simply means they're testing our capabilities," Alexandra commented, "They've been giving us normal training this whole time. This quest is only the start of the real deal. A mere portion of what we have to face as Aurors"