The First Day Of Class

I woke up to find Bella's face over mine. 'Gah! You scared me, Bella!' I said, startled.

'Sorry! I was just trying to wake you up,' she replied guiltily.

'Well, you've done a pretty good job of it,' I told her. 'Where's Pansy and Adriana?'

'They already went down to breakfast. I'm gonna catch up with them right now. Do you want to come with me?' she asked.

'No, thanks. You go ahead. I need to get dressed anyway,' I replied. Bella nodded her head and left the dorm. I stifled a yawn as I got up from the bed and opened my trunk to get my robes. When I opened my trunk, I noticed a set of Slytherin robes. 'Huh?' I thought,' the school must've put these in my trunk after I got sorted into Slytherin'. I took out the Slytherin robes from my trunk and put them on. I then took out my hairbrush and started untangling my hair. I had decided to leave my hair down. I wore my boots and stuffed my books into my book bag and got out of the dorm. I made my way upstairs to the Slytherin common room. There, I saw Nicholas waiting for me. ' There you are! I've been waiting for you, you know?'

' I'm sure I'm not the only friend you've got. You could've gone with some of the other Slytherins,' I told him.

' I know, but since you're new, I wanted to keep you company,' he said, looking at me with a goofy smile.

' That's very sweet of you,' I said, returning the smile. ' Now let's go. I'm really hungry.'

A few minutes later, I was sitting at the Slytherin table in the Great Hall, chatting away with Nicholas and Bella. Bella told me she was really interested in Quidditch and turns out, she wants to be a Quidditch commentator when she graduates from Hogwarts. We were having a conversation about our favorite Quidditch team when Gemma Farley, the Slytherin Prefect came over to us. ' Here are your timetables,' she told us as she handed us our routines. She then went on to hand the other students their time tables too. ' What elective subjects are you taking, Alexandra?' Bella asked me. 

'I'm taking Divination and Care of Magical Creatures,' I said while going through my timetable. I noticed that I was supposed to have Divination with the Gryffindors first.

' Looks I'm with you for the whole day then,' said Nicholas.

' What do you mean by that?' I asked, confused.

' I'm taking the same subjects, silly,' he told me. 

' Oh! Alright then. That means I can be with a friend, which is good. What about you, Bella?' I asked looking at Bella. ' Well, I'm not taking either of those subjects. Instead, I'm taking Alchemy and Arithmancy,' Bella paused before she went on, ' Well, we better get going, class is about to start,' she reminded us. 

Nicholas and I parted ways with Bella. ' So...how do we get to the North tower for Divination?' I asked Nicholas. ' Just follow my lead and we'll be fine.' I turned my head to look at him. ' I mean... I think so,' he added with an unsure tone.

10 mins later, we still hadn't gotten to North Tower. ' Isn't there a shortcut?' I panted as we went up a long staircase. ' I-don't-think-so,' Nicholas said, also panting. 

' There it is!' I exclaimed pointing at an open trapdoor in the ceiling. Most of the students had already arrived. Nicholas started walking over to Harry Potter, and I followed him. ' The walk up here is quite a workout, isn't it? I feel like I lost a billion calories,' Nicholas said to me. He was still panting from the long walk up to North Tower. Harry chuckled in response. ' I know right?' I said.

' Who's the girl beside you?' a boy who had red hair and freckles all over his face was standing right next to Harry Potter in a corner. Harry and the red-haired boy finally noticed I was there.