Sidus Academy

Most of the dialogue in this chapter is in French, just to let you know. Now, enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome to the Sidus Academy for Auror Trainees, madam," One of the drivers in the front told me. The limo moved forward past the gate as I heard the gate close behind. The window rolled down as another man wearing a black suit poked his head inside. "Name and age please?"

"Alexandra Snape, age 14," I replied. The man nodded and scribbled something down in a clipboard. "From the information I have been given, it is your first time here, isn't it?" The man asked me. "Yes, Sir," I told him. 

"Alright then, please put your hand on this pad," he told me as he brought a square-shaped glowing box. "This is to save your handprint."

I put my left hand out on the pad. It beeped and glowed as I heard a robotic voice speak. "New trainee identified." 

"You may go," The man said as he brought his head out of the window and stood in his original position. The limo moved forward. As it did, I saw a garden with a fountain that had clear, freshwater flowing through it. On top of the fountain, stood the statue of a man holding a wand. He was known as Albert Dupont. "That is the statue of the founder of this academy," The driver told me. "Beautiful, isn't it?"

"It really is," I replied as I admired the fountain. The limo moved forward through the gardens. Occasionally, I saw many birds in the bushes and trees. The limo then stopped in front of another white gate identical to the one in the entrance. "You must move on by yourself from this point. We shall manage your luggage and take it to your dorm," The driver said, unlocking the doors of the limo. "Thanks for the ride, monsieur," I thanked as I got out of the limo.

I walked up to the white gate and heard the same robotic voice from before. "Please identify your name and age," the voice told me. 

"Alexandra Snape, age 14," I replied.

"Trainee identified. Trainee's Keptis will be given in a moment," the voice said. Suddenly out of nowhere, a ring appeared on the middle finger of my left hand. It was made of silver and had a sapphire embedded in the middle. I stood there, confused at why I was given a ring. "Keptis has been received by trainee. Access granted," the robotic voice said. The white gates opened to reveal the beautiful white castle-like building I had seen from the view outside. But it looked even grander up close. 

I stepped inside the castle to see a large lobby with marble walls and floors. There were many luxurious style lamps that magically lit the room in bright yellow light. There was a table at the front where a lady sat. I approached her slowly. "Bonjour madame," I greeted. 

"Bonjour to you too. May I see your ID?" the lady asked me.

"Uhhh, what is my ID exactly? Is it in this ring?" I questioned as I held up my hand and showed her the ring. "Yes, this is your ID. You only need to tap the ring twice to show your ID," the lady informed me. "Uh, alright," I replied, tapping my ring twice. Almost immediately, a screen appeared above the ring, it showed my ID information. 

"Hmm, let me see. Your name is Alexandra Snape. You're half-French and half-British. You are also a half Veela," the lady read my ID from the screen. "You're in Grade 1," The lady said, noticing the quizzical look on my face. 

"Alright then," The lady said as she wrote something on her clipboard. "You may proceed to that room over there. It's called the Aithousa," the lady pointed at a grand wooden door on her right. I nodded my head and walked over to the door. The door opened as I came closer to it as if it was being controlled by magic, which it probably was.