Returning To Only Leave

Alexandra felt relief wash over her like never before. After a long few weeks, they finally found the Medeis. Now, all that was needed was to bring it back to Sidus, safe and sound. She guessed that Sidus would send some obstacles on the way back, but at that moment she didn't care. She was just happy.

That night, Louis and Alexandra went to sleep right away. Alexandra thought that the excitement of finally acquiring the Medeis would keep her awake, but to her surprise, she fell asleep right as her head touched her pillow. The next day, the two trainees got up a little later in the morning, around 9am. Now that they had found the Medeis, they felt relaxed and enjoyed a stress free morning before packing up to leave.

As they folded up their tent, with their backpacks on their shoulders, they saw Ron, Ginny and Mrs. Weasley pass by. Judging by the direction they were going in, Alexandra guessed that they were walking up the hill in village. When she looked up the hill, a rather dirty, ragged shoe was sitting on top.
"Oh, you're already leaving?" Mrs Weasley noticed them packing up.

"Yes, ma'am," Louis looked up to her.
"We've finished our business here. We're starting for Sidus today," Alexandra said as she stuffed some her last belongings in her bag. The both of them stood up and walked up to the red haired family. "We're very thankful for dinner yesterday."

"There's no need for that! Come by any time you like,"she patted Alexandra on the shoulder.
"Here," Ginny took out a small container of homemade fudge. And handed some to both Alexandra and Louis each. "We thought you might like having some on your way back."

"Thank you very much," Louis smiled politely. "It was nice meeting you all. Unfortunately, we should get going now."
"Goodbye, Mrs. Weasley. And thank you," Alexandra waved them goodbye.

The two started walking up the street. "So how exactly do we get back?" Louis scratched his head.

"I've been thinking that we could us the Knight Bus to get us to the land frontier of the country. Then, we could wait for a portal there."

"Why do you think there'd be a portal there?"
"Well, honestly, it's kind our lead as of the moment. It just makes sense for the portal to be at the France-UK land frontier."
"Sounds good," Louis shrugged. "Not very happy about using the Knight Bus again though."
"Well, it's cheap and quick transport. That's what we need, considering the lack of time we have. We've only got three days."
Louis had now figured out how to call for the Knight Bus. He held out his wand hand. With a loud bang, the triple decker Bus arrived.

"Welcome to the Knight Bus," Stan Shunpike," the conductor of the bus said lazily from his position at the entrance of the bus. "My name is Stan Shunpike an- wait, it's you lot again."
"Yup, it's us. No need for introductions anymore, I suppose," Alexandra hopped onto the bus. Now that it was daytime, the bus filled with chairs instead of beds. "We'd like a ride to the UK-France frontier please."
"What you want to go there for?" Stan Shunpike settled their bags beside their seats.
"Business," Louis replied briefly. It was a signal for Stan to stop asking anymore questions, and Stan obliged. With another bang, their journey back to Sidus began. Over the course of three days and two nights, Louis and Alexandra went through obstacles just as they had been informed. They had to go through Aurors again, search for clues and portals so they could get back to France. Getting back to France itself took two days straight. Despite being on the border between France in England, the clues were coming in slowly, as if Sidus was testing their patience on purpose.

After getting back into France, they only faced more and more obstacles. Admittedly, they were rusty at first, but they were slowly developing a better knack for combat and problem solving as they went on, which made things a bit easier. Finally, on the last day, they arrived at Sidus. As they entered the gates, the headmistress was waiting for their arrival. "Good afternoon, children. Dear, you look tired."
They were both drenched in sweat and had some dirt smeared on their faces and clothes, but they had completed their quest. That's all that mattered to them at the moment. "Your Medeis, please," the headmistress held her hand out. In response, Alexandra took out the Medeis from her bag and gave it to the headmistress.