Hot Chocolate

Alexandra couldn't help but worry about what she dreamed of. Who was the strange woman? And what kind of horrors will there be? These were all good questions but none of them had answers. Eventually, she decided to put that out of her mind and get ready for the day. After all, she had to go to breakfast and attend her classes. And to make things even worse, she had only one day until the first task and she still had no idea what it was.

She walked into the Great Hall. She noticed Bella and Nicholas on the Slytherin table. They were already there, chattering away. She joined them as she poured herself some cereal in a bowl.

"Morning," Alexandra greeted them. She sounded rather dull and tired. 

"You alright? You seem tired," Bella looked at her worriedly. 

"Yeah. I suppose I didn't sleep well last night, but I'll be fine," she assured her. 

Nicholas didn't talk much, he was just reading the Daily Prophet beside the two girls. 

"You ready for the first task?" he asked me. 

That was a tricky question, all things considered, but Alexandra replied with, "Yes." 

But she wasn't very sure whether she really was ready.

"Anything interesting on there?" Bella peered over Nicholas's shoulders. 

"Yes, but not exactly in a good way," he frowned at Alexandra in particular. 

"Oh, don't tell me it's Rita Skeeter again!" 

"Yup, it's her alright," he replied. "She may have said some...interesting things about Potter."

Alexandra snatched the paper away from Nicholas. On the front page was displayed a photo of Harry. All the other champions were mentioned, except for Cedric and Alexandra. Alexandra was slightly offended at this but still relieved that Rita Skeeter hadn't written anything bad about her. She wished she could say the same about Harry.

She sighed and put aside the paper. "Anyways--" she was about to change the subject but she heard a voice behind her. 

"Morning."

Alexandra turned her head to find Cedric. "Hello, Cedric. Ready for the first task yet?"

"About that..."

He leaned in slowly towards Alexandra's left ear. "The first task is dragons," he whispered hurriedly and stood up straight again. "Good luck." And just like that he walked away towards the Hufflepuff table. On the other hand, Alexandra just sat still for a moment. 

The first task is dragons, she thought, Merlin's beard!

"Hello?" A voice snapped her out of her thoughts. "Hello, earth to Alexandra!"

"Huh?" It was Bella. She was wiggling her eyebrows. 

"So...did Cedric confess his feelings for you?" she teased. 

"What? No, no, it was nothing like that," Alexandra told her. 

"Then what was it?" Nicholas peered over Bella's shoulder as he eyed Alexandra curiously. 

Alexandra looked around the Slytherin table to make sure no one else was listening. Luckily, all the other Slytherins at the table were eating and chattering among their friends. Alexandra doubted that she'd be heard. 

"It's about the first task," Alexandra lowered her voice. "I know what it is now."

Bella and Nicholas who had teasing smiles on their faces a moment before now had wide eyes. "Well, what is it?' Nicholas asked.