Two Underage Students...

The next day, the only thing the students could talk about was the Triwizard Tournament. The teachers had already set up the Goblet of Fire in the Entrance Hall. I was in the Entrance Hall with many of the other Hogwarts students who crowded around the Goblet of Fire to get a good look at it. I was about to enter when I noticed Cedric Diggory with his friends in one corner. He noticed me and waved at me with a smile, inviting me over.

I walked up to him. "Hey, did you put your name in the Goblet?" I asked him eagerly.

"Just did it a few minutes ago!" he replied excitedly. 

"Good luck on getting selected then," I wished him good luck. "Who's put their name in so far?"

"All the Durmstrang lot's put in their names. I've seen some students from Beauxbatons," Cedric told me. "A few students like Warrington and Angelina Johnson's put in their names too."

"Hm," I replied as I observed the Goblet of Fire. It had a silver line surrounding it which I assumed was an Age Line. "Has anyone tried to pass the Age Line yet? Anyone underage I mean," I questioned.

"Well one student tried but they ended with a white beard," Cedric's face was a mix of amusement and sympathy. "Especially Fawcett from Ravenclaw."

"Apparently, the Goblet just gobs you right out," Cedric noted, also observing the Goblet. 

"Yeah!" I heard an enthusiastic male voice speak. I turned my head to see Fred and George hurrying down the stairs. They rushed towards where Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger stood near the Goblet. Cedric and I weren't standing too far from them, so I could hear them. 

"Done it!" Fred said triumphantly, "Just taken it."

"What?" Ron questioned, confused.

"The Aging Potion, dung brains," Fred said wittily.

"One drop each. We only need to be a few months older," George continued excitedly.

I shook my head disapprovingly. "You know that's not going to work, right?" I finally spoke to them. The trio along with the Weasley twins turned their heads at me. 

"What makes you think like that, Snape?" George asked me.

"As you can see," I pointed at the Age Line, "there is an Age Line. Even something as daft as an Aging Potion won't work."

"Oh, we'll see about that! Ready Fred?" George said delightfully.

"Ready, George!" and just then, the two twins began chugging the Aging Potions.

"I don't think that's going to work," Cedric whispered to me uncertainly.

"You said Fawcett got a white beard from trying to pass the Age Line?" I asked, a playful smirk plastered on my face now. "Well, yeah. That's what I heard," Cedric agreed.

"Well, be prepared for a show," I chuckled mischievously. 

Once the twins were done chugging the potion, they leapt into the Age Line. For a split second, nothing seemed to go wrong. As Fred and George were about to put their names in the Goblet, there was a loud sparking sound and the two twins were gobbed right out of the Age Line. They fell with their bottoms on the floor, groaning in pain.

To add to their disappointment, the two now had very fine beards resting on their faces. "Told you so," I broke out in laughter.

All the students broke out laughing in the Entrance Hall as the Weasley twins wrestled each other on the ground. "I did warn you, didn't I?" A rather amused male voice rang through the Entrance Hall. "I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey. She is already busy tending to Miss Fawcett of Ravenclaw and Mr Summers of Hufflepuff, both of who decided to age themselves a little too. Though, I must say, neither or their beards are anythings as fine as yours."