The Duel

Voldemort's red eyes glinted evilly as he observed his surroundings, paying not even the slightest bit of attention to Wormtail who was still sobbing on the ground while holding on to the stump of blood that was once his hand. 

Fear screamed inside Alexandra's body. She had heard so many stories of Voldemort, of how cruel and merciless he was but even after all that, she never understood why people refused to address him by his name. Now that Voldemort himself stood in front of her and Harry, she finally understood. Even the mere aura that Voldemort radiated was enough to send someone running away while screaming their lungs off. 

Voldemort slowly took out his wand and caressed it as if he had longed to use it. He then settled his eyes on Harry, not paying much attention to Alexandra. Alexandra was glad he wasn't paying attention to her because of he did, it may reveal Severus's secret identity as an undercover death eater working for Dumbledore. 

Voldemort pointed his wand at Wormtail, magically levitating him and throwing him towards the headstone where Harry was tied. Wormtail nearly crashed onto Alexandra. He fell near Harry's feet, crying even more. 

Voldemort diverted his attention to Harry and laughed. But it wasn't a laugh of joy. It was cold, ruthless and had not even a tinge of happiness, just evil. Alexandra felt a chill crawl up her spine. Wormtail had wrapped robes around the bloody stump. 

"My Lord..." he croaked weakly. "My Lord...you promised...you did promise..."

"Hold out your arm," Voldemort said in a lazy tone, clearly annoyed by Wormtail. 

"Oh, master...thank you, master," Wormtail reached out the bleeding stump towards Voldemort, but Voldemort merely laughed. 

"Your other arm, Wormtail," Voldemort bent down and pulled out Wormtail's left arm. Alexandra didn't need to ask to know why Voldemort was reaching out for that arm. In every Death Eater's left arm rested the Dark Mark. Her father had it too and he had deliberately tried to hide it, wearing full sleeves even during the scorching heat of the summer. 

Voldemort touched the Dark Mark on Wormtail's arm and pressed his finger on it. Beside her, Alexandra heard Harry wince, there was no doubt his scar was hurting again. Wormtail had also howled. Voldemort stood up again, a look of satisfaction on his face as he observed the graveyard. 

"How many will be brave enough to return when they feel it? And how many will be foolish enough to stay away?"

Alexandra of course knew what he was talking about. Death Eaters always used the Dark Mark to call upon each other. Any moment now, at least a couple of Death Eaters should be appearing. Voldemort turned to her, settling his red gaze on her. 

Again, Alexandra wanted to scream but she shoved that down, keeping a poker face. 

Do not worry, I will spare you. 

Voldemort didn't even move his lips. He merely spoke in Alexandra's head. 

"Your father is at Hogwarts right now?" Voldemort asked in her head. 

"Yes," she replied, keeping the voice in her head calm.

She understood now. Severus was Voldemort's most trusted follower, at least, in Voldemort's eyes. Thanks to Severus, Voldemort would not harm Alexandra in any way but he would still expect her to address him respectfully. He would not reveal any details that could reveal Severus's Death Eater identity. 

Although she still kept her guard up, the fear she felt a moment ago dissipated, although only slightly. Voldemort stopped talking to Alexandra telepathically. He turned to Harry instead.