3.9

Draco

Ignoring his godfather, Draco fastened his pace, refusing to look back.

"Fine, maybe I did hex that Bell girl, maybe I didn't... what is it to you?" He snapped over his shoulder.

Something, he soon figured out wasn't a wise thing to say.

Snape grabbed him by his jacket and shoved him against the wall, the blond's head colliding against it, making him whine.

"I swore to protect you. I made the unbreakable vow."

What was he? Some ten-year-old? It absolutely made him furious how his godfather could have thought of him that lowly.

Glaring at him, Draco opened his mouth. "I. Don't. Need. Protection. I was chosen for this... We were chosen out of all the others, us!"

It didn't matter how hard the task was, It was an honour. He and Carter were privileged.

This is how things... should be.

Right?

"I was chosen-"

"You are afraid, Draco."

A shiver went down his spine as soon as the professor said those words. He knew it was true, he was afraid.

Afraid that if he would not succeed, everyone dear to him would die.

"You try to conceal it, but it is obvious. Carter already agreed to this so let me assist you too-"

"No! I was chosen this is my moment!"  There was no way he would let Snape get any credit for something he was supposed to do.

"You can help Carter all you want, he can't handle it but I can! I am different" Draco snapped, finally grabbing his godfather's hands and pulling himself out of the firm grip.

With that, the blond walked away, attempting to get as far away from Professor Snape as possible.

After cursing Katie Bell, Draco had been frightened of course, but he couldn't stop, not now, not ever.
He was too far gone to stop, not like it actually was an option to do so.

Draco passed down the hall, but all of a sudden another chill went down his spine.

It was almost... as if he was being watched.

Maybe Carter's paranoidness was rubbing off on him.

"Draco."

Immediately, the blond turned around, only to see Carter rushing towards him.

Speak of the devil.

Before being able to see anything, the raven grabbed him by the arm, basically dragging him across the castle until they were almost at the dungeon.

He looked around, let out a deep sigh and finally let go.

"What are you doing-"

"We're in danger." He responded, interrupting Draco.

"What?"

"Later, it's better to speak of this where no one can hear us." Once again, Carter looked over his shoulder.

"What was going on?

The other Slytherin boy said the password and entered the common room, immediately heading towards Draco's dorm.

"Carter, you're scaring me."

Immediately, as soon as he spoke those words, his hair shifted to a bright orange.

"I'm not telling you again. Dorm. Now."

Redundantly, the Malfoy boy walked behind him and opened the door.