2.4

▬ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕- 𝐈 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 ▬

Carter

The fact that Carter and Harry were sending owls to one another had been so much, Carter suspected the Malfoys knowing it.

Or maybe that was just him being paranoid.

It had been quite awkward to have Lucius here, back at Malfoy Manor.

Carter wasn't fond of it at all but who was he to tell that to Narcissa.

It honestly felt as if she was just trying to replace his dad, what pissed him off even though he didn't had the best relationship with the man.

He was still his dad.

Draco was being quiet all the time and didn't speak to him whenever his father was around either. Or only basic things such as good morning.

Something had changed.

"Wait up" the raven breathed out just as the blond was about to walk downstairs.

"What's been up with you all the time, did something change?" He asked curious aching to know.

"Changed? What are you even talking about?"

Unbelievable.

Before being capable of responding, Draco made his way down.

Draco

Draco still hadn't broken up with Carter, not to mention the very fact that he was running out of time.

Mother was sitting on the balcony, laughing at something he said.

If only she knew what for monster he truly was.

Did she forgot what happened four years ago?

The blond shook his head and went to the library. It made him calm to be surrounded by books since he never played piano again.

Father thought it was weak.

Row after row of neatly lined up books with their spines facing outward, colour coded with dots, every section arranged in alphabetical order. 

Dark Magic section, the section of the history of wizards and witches from Slytherin with high shelves and floor cushions, comfortable leather arm chairs, tables for quiet study, muffled stillness.

Draco grabbed a book from one of the many shelves. He frowned at it but opened it and sat down on a emerald green armchair.

"The Dark Arts, also known as Dark Magic, refers to any type of magic that is mainly used to cause harm to, exert control over, or even kill the victim. Despite being labelled "dark", the Dark Arts are not necessarily evil" he read quietly.

***

"Fine to see your doing something useful with your time, son" Draco recognized the cold voice  of his father say, making him close his eyes as he got up to put the book back.

When Potter had told him Lucius Malfoy was vile and cruel, he had been right.

"Father."

"I see you haven't told Carterius about it, Draco."

"I will just-" he didn't let Draco finish his sentence as he shoved him against a bookcase, making him drop the book he was holding.

'He's vile and cruel, and you're only pathetic.'

The boy swallowed and looked into those silver eyes which were identical to his own.

"You do as I say. You are my son so you know about the consequences. How dare you dating A BOY, you truly are a disgrace" he hissed grabbing him by the collar