3.4

Draco

Almost a month had passed since Leyla's death and Draco was getting a little too worried.

Since the incident, a part of Carter's hair had changed from its normal black to a sheer white.

And it had remained like that ever since that day, which wasn't normal, even at his worse, the change of hair colour would've only lasted a few minutes to say at least.

Then, there was his behaviour.

Draco didn't know how he should describe it.

He was still in denial about her death and at some point might have actually lost it.

And besides all that, his father had been sent to Azkaban. The Slytherin boy didn't exactly know how to feel about that.

Was he relieved? Sad...

"Draco, I will be gone for a moment, business with the Dark Lord" mother said as she grabbed a handful of Floo powder.

Draco contained the urge to sigh and nodded his head, refusing to look up from his book.

These days, meeting up with the Dark Lord had become part of her usual routine. His mother would participate in such meetings on a weekly basis or so.

The next meeting would take place here, at Malfoy Manor.

"Good luck" he muttered as he heard the emerald green flames flicker and come to life.

Immediately, the blond slammed the book shut and got up

His mood to read had been totally spoiled for some reason.

Suddenly, his thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a scream.

In a panic, Draco rushed up the stairs and nearly tripped at Carter's door. Without hesitating, he swung it open.

"What are you doing?"

Draco looked at all of Carter's stuff on the floor and back at him. He assumed that once again, had had some sort of tantrum.

It happened quite often since that day.

He wasn't facing him, just staring out of the window, and didn't immediately answer.

"Carter" he repeated, "We need to talk."

The black-haired boy turned around and leaned against the wall, analyzing his nails.

For some reason, he seemed more energetic than usual, which honestly, gave the blond the creeps.

"Make it quick, I've got a lot of things to do for today."

Draco knew that was all bullshit, all he did was...he honestly didn't know what Carter was doing.

It angered him, the fact that he pretended to act so casually about it.

The blond then noticed a scratch on his face, immediately he couldn't help but wonder if the boy had done that to his own during one of his attacks.

"You do realize she isn't going to come back so it doesn't make any sense that you're denying it is just so stupid right?"

For an instant, his expression grew darker. He avoided the blond's gaze and held a hand through his hair as he wandered through the room.

"What do you mean-"

"Carter, stop this nonsense, Leyla is freaking dead! She has been dead for almost a month and a half so stop pretending as if nothing happened. She definitely wouldn't have wanted this-"

Carter immediately came to a halt, and slowly looked up from his nails.

As soon as he saw the look on his face, he wished he hadn't brought it up.