3.2

Carter

"Are you sure you don't need any help?" Leyla,who was leaning against the wall asked with a deep frown while watching how Carter was trying,  in a rather pathetic attempt to put his robes on.

Finally, he gave up and rolled his eyes.

A month had passed and guess what?

He had been entirely right about his arm being broken.

She grinned and carefully put the robe over his arm.

"You're not supposed to do it like that silly" she muttered head shaking while pecking his cheek.

~*~

The two walked down and met their friends.

Them being mad at the fact that Carter had secretly been part of 'Dumbledore's Army' was an understatement.

He had lied to them that he had only done it to get more powerful, to learn how to cast spells better since the Toad didn't allow magic in her class and everywhere else in public.

They all greeted him except for Draco, who frowned for a moment and then walked away.

He hadn't believed any of it.

He was smart enough to not fall for a lie like that.

Not to mention the fact that after finding out about his relationship, it had seemed as if the blond was avoiding him.

Why?

"Again, I'm so sorry for breaking your arm," Pansy said frowning while touching his arm. A small grimace appeared on his face, but he nodded

Luckily, Carter was left-handed

"You already heard about it?"

He looked at Aria questionably for a few seconds before she answered.

"Umbridge is headmaster now-"

"-What happened to Dumbledore?"

The others chuckled and raised eyebrows. "They wanted to send him to Azkaban and he disappeared with a sick fire phoenix trick."

~*~

"Boys and girls are not permitted to be within eight inches from each other" Umbridge's voice laughed through the speakers.

"Is she being for real?"

"Apparently." 

The fact that Dumbledore wasn't headmaster anymore would make huge changes of course.

As the two walked down the hallways,  Carter noticed part of Leyla's hair hanging in front of her face and decided to brush it away, making her smile.

"Thanks-"

"You, come with me!"

The boy turned around, only to see Umbridge right in front of them, a look of disapproval on her face.

Wasn't she speaking through the speakers a few seconds ago?

"Why would I?"

"Because you, Mr Maronn, you were a member of 'Dumbledore's Army' which by the way does not surprise me since your scum of a father joined that little sect too!"

Carter raised a brow when she mentioned his father.

Scum like that shouldn't even deserve to speak of him. His father had been anything but scum.

 "Say it again," Carter said on a low tone, his voice filled with poison and he took a step toward her.

Leyla immediately grabbed him by his robe, pulling him back.