1.8

▬ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐗𝐈𝐗 - 𝐒𝐋𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍 𝐕𝐒 𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐖▬

Carter

A few weeks had passed by and people were still handing Carter weird looks so now and then.

He, of course, couldn't blame them, since he would've done the same thing perhaps.

Today was the match between Slytherin and Ravenclaw, and in true honesty, he was quite nervous.

Playing against the Ravenclaw quidditch team was to put it, not fair at all.

Every single game they would somehow manage to change their strategies, making them unable to figure out their way of playing.

"You're nervous, I can see it" Blaise muttered as he was watching the back of his broom while they were getting dressed in the locker room.

"No, I'm not."

"Liar!" He exclaimed looking up with big eyes. He and reading people, stupid gift of his. "You've been humming that stupid song again."

"It's not a stupid song, you're just saying that because it's made by a muggle!"

What else was he supposed to do? Listen to that garbage music that wizards made?

But then again, Blaise had been right about him feeling anxious.

No way  that he would lose another match like last time

"Sure thing."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, just the fact that you're a terrible liar towards your friends," he said grinning when the two left.

Carter held a hand through his hair. If he had to admit it, it was getting pretty long.

"Hey does anyone have a hair tie or something?"

"Why in the world do you need a hair tie mate?"

"Cause my hair is going to get in the way of my vision."

"You literally wear a helmet-"

"Haven't you seen my hair?" he asked, shaking his curls to make a point.

Not a second later, one of the girls on their team tossed him one.

"You better don't break it Maronn" Ylada Lebedev said as she tied her platinum blonde hair in a high ponytail.

Carter would never admit it, but she was scary.

Maybe it was because she was half Russian, he couldn't tell. But in his years he had never talked back to her.

Not to mention the fact that she was now their new captain since Flint couldn't be anymore.

"Ready?" Blaise asked as they reached the door.

"Has there been a time that I wasn't?"

***

Carter set a foot forward, standing eye to eye with the Ravenclaw quidditch team.

"Are you ready to lose, freak?" Grant Page, the keeper asked with a sugar-sweet smile.

"Say that again, I dare you, Page" he snapped, ready to push him, when he was pulled back by a few of his teammatess.

"Maronn don't mess this up-"

"I'll mess his face up yeah."

"If you do that I will mess yours up, you know I don't joke around" Lebedev, who towered above  the raven said with a soft glare.