2.8

▬ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈 - 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 ▬

Carter stormed back into his room, holding his hands through his hair.

He couldn't calm down, he didn't know how.

The moment he had walked away from Malfoy he had thought of that being just it.

It had been hours and he didn't exactly feel less pissed.

He sat down on his bed, letting out a deep, tired sigh.

"Carter?"

The raven looked up from the ceiling and noticed Pansy standing at the door opening.

"Why-"

"I had my reasons, I'm not crazy if that's what you think" he immediately responded turning his head towards the window.

This didn't feel like him.

Or it did, but worse, way worse.

He didn't know what was wrong with him.

Suddenly he felt a pair of arms around him.

The girl held him tight and didn't say anything for a while.

Carter grasped onto Pansy, burying his head in her shoulder.

"Listen...I've known you for years now and this isn't okay anymore."

"I told you I'm fine-"

"You need help, Carter. And I'm not saying this because of the reason you think I am, I'm saying this because I need you to be okay...you're my best friend I-" her voice suddenly broke, a single tear falling down her face.

"This isn't just you getting angry quickly, we both know that" She continued, wiping her tears away.

He knew she was right, Pansy knew a lot of things others didn't. It was as if, over the years his sanity was slipping through his fingers.

She knew that in some way, Carter truly was a sensitive person, which he would never, ever admit.

And after his father's death, it seemed to have gotten worse.

"You know what he did-"

"I do, but no one reacts like that."

So I'm not normal? A voice in the back of his head asked.

A deep frown appeared on his face as he shook his head.

"You...think I'm insane?" He whispered, refusing to look at her.

"I never said that."

"But you're thinking it, it's the way you're saying all of this bullshit." He let go of Pansy and turned away from her.

"Everyone has their problems, Pansy, it's not a big deal, not to mention these feelings only last for a few hours."

He didn't get a response back instead he saw her get up and walk towards the door.

Was she leaving him?

She was leaving him just like everyone else, just because he wasn't perfect enough.

Suddenly, she stopped at the door opening, refusing to look at him "That's the problem, it only lasts for a short time of period. You better get yourself together Carter, one of these days something bad might happen because of your attitude-"

"Like what, my father's death? Or wait no, how about my mum literally trying to murder me...hmm, I really wonder what it is?"

A cold laugh escaped her mouth and she shook her head. "So you just went on about how everyone has their problems and yours aren't that big of a deal, but somehow manage to make it about yourself... are you kidding me?" She exclaimed, unaware of what was going through the raven's mind.