1.2

▬ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐗𝐈𝐈 - 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐇▬

Carter

Carter just finished styling his hair down when there was a knock on the door. The boy closed his eyes, and let out a deep breath before answering.

"Yes."

The door opened, only for Narcissa to appear through the doorway. She walked in, a tissue in her left hand.

"Hey sweetie, I just wanted to see how you were doing."

At a certain point it had felt like his father's death had taken a worse turn on her than on him.

Maybe that was because the two had been closer than he ever was to begin with.

"Im alright, don't worry about me."

She nodded with a sad smile and sat down on my bed.

"I want you to know that I'll be there for you when you need me and that I can't replace what you lost" she said brittle as she took a deep breath.

"I also would like for you to keep on living with us, since the only family you have lives in America unfortunately.

Carter only had family from his father's side for as far as he knew. He had an aunt if he wasn't wrong, one he hadn't heard from ever since he was about six.

The raven nodded silently and sat down next to her. "I don't want you to try replace anybody, you can't. You being yourself is enough to satisfy all of us, and thank you for letting me stay, I appreciate it."

The elder woman looked at him with a deep frown displayed on her face. It seemed as if there was something she wanted to say, but decided not to.

Narcissa got off the bed and opened the door to leave.

"The funeral starts in a few minutes."

***

"We are here today to pay our tribute and our respect to a man of God, Markus Marron."

"Not only have people from this congregation and community gathered, but many ministers have come, ministers who have respected him as a minister himself,people who have loved him as friend,husband and family," The pastor said, his hands holding a black book tightly.

Muggles and wizards were indeed different in many aspects, except for this. They would honour a funeral in the same certain way.

As the boy stared out of the window, up to the sky, he noticed the few raindrops falling and the dark clouds that had started to appear.

He was glad that today hadn't been a sunny day, it would've irritated him. Sunny days were supposed to cheer him up in normal situations.

Carter closed his eyes as he thought about it. When he was little, he and his father would always play outside when it was sunny, it had seemed so long ago even though it had only been a few years ago.

A few years ago, he was happy, his life wasn't perfect since his mother would always say hurtful things to him, which was miserable, but his bright light had been no other than him.

His dad had been the only good thing in his life back then if he were to be truly honest.

But after what happened everything changed,they had started to become more distant from one another. His father fell in love and forgot about him.

"We are here today to show our love and support for Mark's very precious family. Not only have we sensed our personal feelings of loss over his passing, but our hearts have been drawn toward them, and will continue to be with them."