Coal Walk

Pairing: Taylor Swift x (female) reader Warnings: None Requested: No

Warnings: None
Requested: No

***
From the videos you've seen, coal walks could be fun as well as having to be one of the most daring stunts you choose to put yourself through in your life.

For the longest time, you had vowed you would never do one. But not long after getting together with Taylor, you had a different point of view. Taylor was willing to do it and had even suggested of doing one together sometime. You said no to that at first, but when it came time to attend a family reunion on your side of the family, you started becoming more accepting of that challenge.

It still didn't help the fear from peaking through your soul, but you were more willing now after watching your circle sucking
up the fear and just do it without thinking. You remain standing, staring at what lies ahead of you, hearing a sigh leave Taylor's lips before urging you on.

"Come on, (Y/n)! Just do it!"

The way Taylor had just sad that so bluntly didn't encourage you at all, if anything, it did the exact opposite.

It made you feel even more discouraged than before. You were to the point where you weren't going to do it at all and chicken out when something inside you had snapped. What had snapped was nothing bad intended, but an idea for a way that could get you through this without looking like a fool. Turning back towards Taylor, you smile as made the suggestion.

"How about we do this together?"

The look on Taylor's face had you thinking she was about to agree to the idea but then she had a different look that seemed to change her mind as she disagreed.

"Naw."

"Why not?"

"Humph..."

Taylor wouldn't respond with a straight answer and that annoyed you.

So much so that it actually was the boost that was required to ignite the little source of energy within you to be able to do this. This was what you needed in order to complete the challenge and win in the end, even if it meant going on your own. As you got ready in position to run the coal walk, everyone started cheering you on while some where chanting, "Go! Go! Go!"

Expecting a trip to the hospital after this, you went ahead without really even thinking, only feeling proud of what you had just accomplished. The pain only lasted seconds, and your feet was going to be sore the next few days, but there thankfully was a small stream for you to wade your feet in and help get them cooled off as you watch the next person go on and take the challenge. Ironically, Taylor was the next in line to give it a go and from there, you continue to watch. Taylor was up next, and she looked just as nervous as you did in the beginning while looking over your way.

Taylor looks over as if eating for your hand in this, but you weren't going to go with her since she had refused your hand before.

Seemingly to be getting the message, Taylor got ready and looked as if she was about to go...

Will she though?

***
Requests are open!!!
Word count: 552