Recuperation

Meanwhile back in town at the animal hospital, Stonepaw was lying on his left side on a matress on the floor as he began to recuperate from his operation on right hind ankle.

 Stonepaw was sleeping and started dreaming about what happened the afternoon before he was taken to the animal hospital. 

In his dream, Stonepaw saw the bear he was fighting and remembered his right hind ankle getting stuck in the trap.

 He looked up to see the bear coming down, ready to smash him to death with his large, powerful paws. 

Just then, Stonepaw woke up from his nightmare, heavily panting. 

He slowly opened his right eye and started to look around the small room he was in as he started to calm down and laid bad his head down carefully on the pillow. 

Stonepaw slowly rolled onto his stomach and whimpered a little as he kept his right hind leg back and his other legs under him. 

He felt a little uncomfortable, but was too tired to adjust himself again, and didn't care since Stonepaw was still tired from the anesthesia. 

The vet came on to check on Stonepaw, and, seeing that he was falling asleep, he carefully checked his right hind ankle. 

Stonepaw snarled a little, upset that his sleep had been disturbed by the young vet. The vet, whose name was Andrew Kenson, gave Stonepaw a sedative to make him fall asleep faster as he continued to check his ankle.

According to the vet, his ankle was almost finished in its healing process.

 The x-ray showed more detail. And that meant that soon, Stonepaw and his father Digger could go back home. Digger was watching Stonepaw on the matress behind him, making sure he was safe and comfortable.