Chapter Fifty-Seven

˚₊໒🌙꒱Jihyo₊˚

Jihyo was almost there. She could sense Sunwoo was near, but she couldn't get there quickly enough. The light from the field hit her, and she barreled closer, her wolf seeing the homestretch, right before coming in contact with something from her right.

She immediately thought it was a rogue since she was on her back and out of breath. But it was Mr. Jeongho, Sunwoo's father. For the briefest of moments, she thought he was in on it, and he would end her. WHere had he gone after his fight with her mother? It was a big coincidence, wasn't it?

But he didn't.

He nudged her with his snout, and his wolf carefully pawed at her head until she crawled to her feet.

He seemed lost and curious as to what was going on, but Jihyo didn't have time to explain it to him. He followed behind her and Nayeon as they raced toward the clearing.

She noticed her dad standing behind Sunwoo with several wolves making their way toward the crowd. After the fight, the numbers seemed to have equaled between the rogues and wolves.

Nayeon wasted no time running to join the pack, while Jihyo scoped out the scene. Jacob was with Beomseok, squaring off with Sunwoo and her father.

She wanted to rip them all to pieces, but she shared a special p;ace in her heart for Beomseok.

She wanted to end him for everything he had done to her and to her pack.

Walking forward, she kept her head high as she slipped in next to Sunwoo. She couldn't tell him that she was happy to see him or that she was happy he was okay because the mind link was still blocked.

So instead of giving him the puppy dog eyes she wanted, she broke the tension, jumped, and  took Beomseok's ear clear off his scalp.

the wolves exploded around her as she spat Beomseok's ear from her mouth. Every moment she spent with Beomseok. The building up of their relationship. The lies. The time she spent pining over him spilled out into her anger.

And then the giant coincidence of her being his brother's mate. It was all such a huge slap to the face. All of it. But she knew Sunwoo wasn't like him.

He wouldn't treat her that way, and that was what kept her going through the pain in her heart. She had to end it to get her happily ever after, and dammit, she deserved it.

She jumped back at Beomseok as he clawed at his head with his paw, and clamped into his neck, pulling him across the ground over roots and rocks. Over the ground where he'd kissed her once before. Where they'd swam in the pond.

None of it mattered. It'd all been a lie. One of the rogues leaped at her and knocked off Beomseok who used the opportunity to stand to his feet. He snarled as blood ran down his face, and his army attacked her pack around them.

She imagined him saying all the villainy things he would if he had a way to speak to her. She was glad he'd blocked her thoughts. It was better not to hear him say anything.

Jihyo and Beomseok faced off like in an old Western movie.

He was losing blood, but she noticed his ear was healing slowly. She needed to get to him before it healed completely. His gaze traveled over her shoulder, and she expected it to be a rogue ready to pounce, but it wasn't.

It was his father.

Jeongho had shifted into his human form in the midst of the wolves fighting. Not the smartest idea, but who asked her?

"Beomseok," Mr. Jeongho said "You have to stop this madness. You need to leave and we'll call it even."

Beomseok stared daggers at him. His spine stiffened, his paw occasionally brushing the ground, but no ounce of remorse came from him. It was like staring into the eyes of a psychopath. "Sunwoo won't stop until the pack is safe, and I'm afraid you'll kill each other. Please put your pride to the side and stop this."

Jihyo noticed the flames in Beomseok's eyes as he turned his attention to his father. He wasn't going to swallow his pride. He was going to kill him.

Jihyo jumped as soon as Beomseok crouched, tacking Beomseok to the ground as Jeongho curled into a fetal position and ultimately shifted back into hs wolf.

If that wasn't enough of a sign, nothing was.

Jihyo clamped down onto his neck, this time not caring who came after her. She thought back to the pack she was now a part of. The pups being born. The wolves that were good wolves. Honest wolves. The ones that loved Sunwoo and his family. Beomseok wouldn't stop until he won, and she couldn't let him.

Beomseok squirmed free, blood dripping down his neck, and whimpering in pain. She felt rogues begin to circle her as she preyed on Beomseok. It felt revolutionary to beat him for everything he'd done.

One of the rogues snapped at her ankle, but she brushed it off. She just needed to get through a few more minutes of pain. They took turns snapping at her, wearing her down as she neared Beomseok. One jumped onto her back but she rolled him off, capturing Beomseok's neck once more in her mouth, she dragged him toward the closest tree.

Wolves from her pack attacked the rogues circling Jihyo. She noticed Sunwoo laying on his side by the waterfall several feet away, while wolves devoured Jacob for being a traitor.

She wanted to go to him. Save him. Comfort him. Check on him, but she was too exhausted.

She shook her head back and forth until Beomseok wasn't moving. That's when she noticed Sunwoo's voice in her head.

Jihyo, are you okay? Please answer me. Are you okay? Can you hear me now?

She released the grip on Beomseok's neck and fell on top of him as the rogues retreated, and exhaustion took over her.

SHe tried to crawl over Beomseok to Sunwoo, but she couldn't make it. Darkness took over and, she fell to sleep.