Chapter Twenty

˚₊໒🌙꒱Sunwoo₊˚

She loosened up, Sunwoo's wolf said.

Sunwoo didn't want t get too excited, but she did seem less uptight than the day before.

He enjoyed running and swimming with her. His wolf's ultimate goal was to find his mate and run with her. Protect her.

The entire way home his wolf whined like a child. Then he'd fought with Sunwoo to keep his distance during her bath.

His wolf had no chill, and Sunwo knew it would only grow harder to keep him in check.

"She makes it look so easy," Sunwoo mumbled to himself while getting dressed. Water droplets raced down his skin as he stared at himself in the mirror.

She's hiding it, his wolf said.

Sunwoo wanted to believe that. He wanted to believe that she was struggling with her wolf as he was, but he wasn't completely sure.

He dried his hair with a towel and pulled on his sweats. jihyo sat on the edge of his bed, with her back to him, staring out the window when he came out.

She hurried to face him. "When they go to get my things from my apartment, can they grab my laptop and my phone?"

Sunwoo didn't want to give her a way to get in touch with her boyfriend, but he wouldn't be that guy. "Of course," he said, walking towards the bed, he sat down and tossed the TV remote to her. "Feel free to pick something to watch."

She eyed the remote and snatched it, flipping through the channels she pursed her lips, and landed on some corny Romantic Comedy.

Sunwoo wouldn't have pegged her for a girl that enjoyed a romantic comedy. Perhaps it was her lack of enthusiasm for finding her mate, or the fact he'd chased her to get her there.

Maybe she was romantic, he didn't know.

Turning the covers, he sat underneath the sheet. Jihyo eyed him from the corner of her eye. "Do you have a blanket?"

Sunwoo glanced down at the covers she sat on. "Yeah, you're on them."

"Yeah, I'm not getting under the covers with you, because I don't trust your wandering hands."

Sunwoo rolled his eyes. "Get over yourself, little fox."

She laughed half-heartedly. "You chased me for days and lured me here. those are the acts of a desperate man. So, where are those blankets?"

He couldn't stop his smile. He pointed towards a chair in the far corner, and she walked over to grab them.

She plucked one of the pillows from his bed and formed a barrier between them. "An obvious barrier for the unapologetic Alpha and his soon-to-be wandering hands."

Sunwoo chuckled. "You wish."

Someone knocked on the door, and Sunwoo glanced over, catching a whiff of Soojin. His wolf growled. "Uh, I'll be right back."

He walked over and opened the door. Soojin stood on the other side, with her arms folded over her chest. "What do you need? It's late."

She glanced curiously over his shoulder, but he blocked her. "Say it or leave."

She sighed. "The other shewolves said I should apologize."

Sunwoo lifted a brow. "And this is your grand apology? Coming to my room late at night, trying to look into my room with a half-hearted apology. You need to apologize to Jihyo, not me."