Chapter Fifty-Six

˚₊໒🌙꒱Sunwoo₊˚

Beomseok's rage was heavy. Sunwoo could feel it. Even though Beomseok had left the pack decades before, he still felt a connection to him deep down. You couldn't erase such a deep connection that easily.

The anger was heavy.

Sunwoo wanted to reach out to Beomseok, try to calm him down, but it wasn't happening. Beomseok was too far gone. he'd been stewing on this idea for decades, and there was no changing his mind at this point.

Beomseok paced back and forth, snapping and growling. Sunwoo knew this would only end with one of them dead. He didn't want to kill his brother. He loved him. No matter his sick twisted desire to take over the pack, Sunwoo loved him.

Sunwoo wasn't surprised that Beomseok was able to reach out using his mind link. They'd been linked for so long as children. Up until Beomseok left like a thief in the night. Sunwoo should have questioned it more, but he didn't. He never imagined he'd meet him again under these circumstances, with his brother wanting to take over his pack.

Are you scared? Beomseok asked. You look scared.

Sunwoo launched forward and snapped at Beomseok's throat who easily jumped out of the way.

I pity you, Beomseok. This resentment for not becoming alpha is ridiculous. Where did this come from? Why do you hold so much hate?

Beomseok duh his paws into the dirt like a bull, and jumped into the air, knocking Sunwoo onto his back.

Sunwoo used his feet to kick Beomseok off and climbed to his feet.

I don't know where this came from, Sunwoo said. I never once thought you hated me for taking my spot. When you became reclusive I thought it was because of Mom, and I tried my best to save you.

Beomseok's methodical laugh drove a nail into Sunwoo's heart. He was an alpha, but he had emotions and feelings. Being Alpha meant you had to make hard decisions, and fighting his brother was one of them.

You're crazy if you think you saved me from anything. Jihyo is the only thing that was able to turn your head from being alpha, and then you force Jacob to do your bidding. What a guy, Beomseok snarled. You never cared about me after you became alpha. I was tossed to the side just like Mom tossed us both to the side.

Sunwoo felt betrayed enough by his brother and his warped mentality, but knowing Jacob had lied to his face for years hurt him the most.

He thought they were friends.

The betrayal grew acidic in his mouth, and his wolf grew hungry for blood. Sunwoo couldn't stop him if he wanted. He crouched and jumped forward, knocking Beomseok onto his back, he nipped at his throat while it was vulnerable.

Beomseok yelped, his teeth barred and his body jerking to get free. Beomseok clamped tighter, tasting his brother's blood and his wolf hoping he would give up. He had to save his pack, he had to save Jihyo.

Sunwoo could sense Beomseok growing weaker as more blood drained from him when someone clamped onto his spine. Sunwoo let go of Beomseok's neck, pain radiating through his body as he twisted to get away.

Jacob walked over to Beomseok and nudged him with his nose as he crawled to his feet, and waited to heal.

Jacob's dark eyes shifted towards Sunwoo. Jacob and Beomseok had been friends growing up, but Sunwoo never thought Jacob would betray him this way.

Look who decided to show up, Sunwoo said. The scorned Beta. How ironic. Showing up to kill your alpha while you follow someone else to do it.

Jacob circled Sunwoo ignoring his taunts, he snapped at Sunwoo's left paw which had been hurt in the past.

Jacob knew too much about Sunwoo. He knew what move he would make. He knew him because he'd been vulnerable with him. Sunwoo had trusted Jacob.

I can't believe you'd do this to me, Sunwoo said. It makes me want to kill you even more.

Jacob chuckled. Get over it, Sunwoo. You tossed everything on me so you could win over your mate. An alpha puts his pack first, always.

Jacob and Sunwoo collided, teeth and claws tearing at one another. Sunwoo's adrenaline was too strong to notice where he was getting hit. It was a blur of teeth, blood, and bitterness.

Sunwoo's wolf caught Jacob's shoulder and he dragged him several feet before he slipped away. The sounds of his pack fighting the rogues caught his attention, and fear penetrated his heart.

He couldn't let someone get to Jihyo. Had she made it to her father? Or to someone for help? He couldn't reach out to her like he wanted. He'd never forgive himself if something happened to her because of this madness.

Something Jacob said struck a nerve indie of him. An alpha put the pack first, yet, he couldn't get Jihyo out of his head.

Jacob snarled, his attention moving to Beomseok who seemed to have healed enough to join in the fight. Two-on-one wasn't fair, though Sunwoo felt he could still take them, he knew he couldn't take the other rogues making their way towards them from the field.

Still feel like you're going to win this? Beomseok asked.

It's not really winning when you have to cheat to get the prize, is it? Sunwoo answered.

Beomseok laughed. Winning is winning in my eyes, Sunwoo. Say goodbye to your pack, because you're one of the only ones left.

Sunwoo knew not to believe that. he could feel his pack members close by. From behind the nearest boulder, Jihyo's father stalked out, taking his spot beside him. Other wolves were closing in and Sunwoo felt his hope rise.

Then he felt her.

Jihyo was near. She was okay. The beating of her heart warmed him from the inside out.

And that was all his wolf needed to hone in on killing the traitors in front of him.

You say goodbye, Beomseok, because this is one fight that you are not going to win.